Chapter 22- Live A Little

It was Wednesday, three days until Parker's birthday party. I finally finished the invitations with enough time for everyone to RSVP; per Nathan's help. Just a simple task of putting the invitations in the envelopes, and lick them with a stamp, but apparently that’s such a dangerous task because he got a paper tongue cut. Only Nathan. Taking my mom address book and some references from the boys and mom, we invited about twenty people, not including our plus sized family.

They don’t have much family around the area, but some of my mom's friends that knew Krista were willing to come, fill in, and celebrate. We even got Krista's little brother Jack to come. It was only a four hour drive and he said he was willing to do it, since it is his nephew, and he is already feeling bad about not helping out in Boston with his sisters.

It’s lunch time now though; I was walking to the cafe, looking through my history notes for my test next period. I couldn’t get through my head the difference between socialism and capitalism! Reading my notes intently, I back myself into the door that leads to the courtyard and walkway to the cafeteria. Not knowing, that someone would be behind that door, not looking where they’re going either.

I gasp, my heart leaping out of my chest and my notes slipping through my hands. Turning around quicker than Edward Cullen to see that it was only my brother whom I hit, "Oh my Gosh! Drew I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching. I was occupied with something else." I say frantically to my brother on the ground.

"Ow-" He moans a bit, "S'okay I'm good." Getting up, and rubbing his forehead he rolls his shoulders back, wincing, "Damn Brooklyn, you should try out for the football team, you'd be a great linebacker."

"I'm sorry." I repeated again, touching his shoulder, "Do you need the nurse?"

He shook his head bending down, I had almost forgotten about my notes, "What are you studying for?" He asks picking them up.

“Government. It’s supposed to be US yet half of her notes is about Germany and or somewhere else in the world.” It’d be nice if we talked about our actually government.

"Oh." He simply said, handing them back to me. We still haven't talked since Saturday about the car stealing situation. I had that talk with Kyle on Sunday like he asked, and just like I predicted, he just wanted to apologize because he felt bad for not 'trusting me'. But I didn't mind, he didn't need to be the one apologizing.

"Thanks." I mumble as he I take my papers from his hands. Before I turned away he grabs my arm leading me to a corner of the building.

"Look. I'm sorry about the other day for yelling at you like that, it wasn't cool of me and it was disrespectful," I couldn’t help but grin at him, mom totally put him up to this, he would never choose those words himself, "I should have trusted you and I'm sorry for getting mad like that. When you asked for my help I shouldn't have yelled at you either. I should have apologized to you earlier"

I smile at my brother, only a handful of times has he ever apologized to me, "Sorry for stealing your car without your permission." I smirk, "and sorry for yelling at you too."

"So, we cool?" He asks, rocking back on his heels then the balls of his feet.

I smile, punching his shoulder playfully, "Yeah, we're cool."

"We don't have to do the whole hugging thing, do we?" He asks scrunching up his nose.

I roll my eye and shaking my head, "Ew, no. Just walk away." I laugh waving my hand goodbye. I passed my table smiling, hold up a finger indicating for my friends for another minute. I graceful sat next to Nathan on the grass, in one swift movement, turning my body to face him.