Chapter 5- Minor Sleepover Crisis

I dropped my bag down on the picnic table outside in the courtyard of school, where my friends were already joined. Lunch time was such a drag but it’s really the only great time to laugh and hang with friends without getting yelled at by teachers. The whole courtyard and most of the cafe was already filled with students, even only ten minutes into lunch.

It’s the usual beautiful, spring day for California weather. Not too hot, not too cold, but just perfect. Seventy-five degrees with a faint breeze, the sun radiated heat staying warm in the sun light. Students were all sitting around the stone walls, picnic tables, and lush green grass, laughing, talking, and eating.

About a few yards away I found my brothers laughing with their friends while their petty girlfriends sat on their lap. No one dared to even walk into The Seniors Circle, which is literally a semi-circle stone section at the end of the court yard where they all gathered. You wouldn't even dare to sit in their spot any other time of the day. It's like they were always watching. And it was a super rare thing if any senior sat down with a lower class man.

Especially juniors. They hated our guts.

But I wasn't surprised to see a new addition added to the Senior Group; Brody. Anytime I see Drew laughing with his friends he always looks so happy and thrilled. Today not so much, his face looked shut down, and clouded with the same emotion he's had for the past day....

"EARTH TO BROOKLYN!" Camila shouted waving her manicured hand in my face.

"Yeah?" I said snapping back to reality.

They table laughed at me as I came back to an uneasy state of mind, "Just because your brothers are seniors doesn't mean you can stare. If they find you looking..."

"Come on Cam, the seniors aren’t that mean. They’re not gods, they’re imperfect humans like the rest of us." I interrupted her shaking my head.

My brothers could be annoying as hell, but they still watched over me and made sure I didn't get into trouble. Like every morning with the uniform. They watched over me because I’m their little sister, it’s the brotherly thing to do.

"Yeah your brothers won't, but the bitch of a girlfriends would." Emily added pointing out.

It was true. Drew's girlfriend especially. She was the Queen of Bitches. And that's explaining very little of her. I’ve had two bad encounters with Drew’s girlfriend, Hailey, and I’d like to leave it at two. Unlike Kyle's girlfriend, Taylor, whom is sweet and caring. I don’t mind spending time with her. They may be twins but they're complete opposites.

"Besides. I wasn't even looking at them. I was just think... what I was going to type for my English paper." I said turning the topic around. Even though it was a complete lie, but my friends never picked up on it.

"Uh huh." Maddi said with an eye roll, ok Maddi can pick up on my lies, “Sweetheart I know what you’re thinking about, and the person you’re looking for is just behind you."

Maddi pointed behind me. Turning around I looked at the patch of green grass where the younger O'Conner boys where sitting with their lunches. Kol, Brandon, and Nathan all surrounded a space of green talking about something with grins on their faces.

"No I wasn't actually. Only thinking about that spectacular paper that we have to write for Mrs. Burns." I said with a distasteful smile.

"Really?" Emily said with a narrowed look.

"Really." I confirmed looking her straight in the eye.

As I looked to my left, to a pack of laughing boys that caught my attention, Brad's head peaked over with a wink to me. I smiled and waved turning back to my friends.