Chapter 12- Night Plans

I grumbled in a whinny tone, dropping my head on the picnic table. The thought of still being stuck with Nathan alone for the weekend brought something unsettling in my stomach. Friday afternoon and it still looking like I’d be spending my weekend with Nathan. I’ve thought of everything, truly I have. Nothing I thought of changed anything.

I felt Brad's hand pat my back comforting me. I even lied to my parent that I’d be going to an all-boys party was a bust thinking maybe they’d send me off to somewhere else. Even though I wasn't going in the first place they still said I had to stay home. I don't know what's wrong with them, they've never been this parental about anything!

"Sorry Brook. I guess there's just always next time." Maddi cooed trying to cheer me up.

"Look on the bright side." Brad said making me turn my head to hear his 'good news', "You get a whole house to yourself. Quiet, peaceful, empty, and you can do whatever you want because your brothers won't be around."

Yeah that's what he thought. I still had Nathan and Parker with me and Kol and Brandon last night. Kol and Brandon somehow trashed my room and when I mean trashed I mean, flipped my mattress over, turtled my messenger bag, and all the stuff that was on my desk met the floor. Nathan, was jamming out to music in his room, while doing homework, for three hours straight. So that landed me with a migraine and a sore fist from banging on his door to lower the volume.

And if things couldn’t get any more worse, Parker was playing Legos in the middle of the hall way. You know where I’m leading this up to, right? Yeah I stepped on a Lego. The most pain you’ll truly be in over toys.

"Oh yeah, great." I said trying to sound enthusiastic. Like I was looking forward to watching Finding Nemo! 

The lunch bell rang dismissing us off to our last long period class. And just my luck Nathan was in it too. Yay, European History with Nathan and the boring Mrs. Armstrong, here I come.

******

"So then I was thinking, 'hm what would we be eating. Take out, cook in, eat nothing at all?' but don't worry I even got that all covered. And I even thought of something special but I'll just keep it a secret from you until later." Nathan rambled on as we walked out of our class room. I was trying to ignore him desperately but it was like his voice was planted permanently in my brain.

I stood at my locker spinning the dial, he leaned casually against Maddi’s locker as he went on and on about dealing with Parker. "Okay, Nathan, shut up! I swear you're giving me a headache. Just because I finally agreed to watch a movie with you tonight doesn't mean I still think you’re annoying." Yes I did agree with him only because he was nonstop bugging me last period and almost got me in trouble.

"Every time you tell me that it makes me love you more and more." He snickered making me cringe my noise in disgust. EW, did he really just you him, me, and love in the same sentence.

"Um, excuse me Nathan but your leaning on my locker." Maddi chirped happily. He winked at her playfully and extended his arm letting her by.

"Maddi, let me ask you something. Is Brooklyn always this bitchy and mean to guys?"

"Only if they are an ass. But I don't understand why she would be mean to you." She flirted batting her long black eyelashes.

"So I guess it’s just me she has a problem with." He stated and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice even with my back turned to him. I slammed my locker door loudly, Maddi face looked surprised. I don't know if it was from the slam of the door or the words coming out of Nathan's mouth. But sure enough Nathan got the hint that I wanted him to shut up then, and there.