Chapter Forty-One- One Step Forward Two Steps Back

Saturday night was a blast. Other than the power going off for half an hour in the middle of the best scene of the Hangover. Or the time when Brent scared the shit out of me when I was washing my hands in the bathroom. It was like a scene made for a horror movie for Hollywood; and I was the unknown hired cast member that was going to lose her lungs from screaming.

The power turned on shortly after; thank The Lord because I wouldn’t have lasted another moment with three boys and a Mia that loved the dark and scaring people. Everyone left with their final good byes and that was my que to shower and sleep. Around seven in the morning when I couldn’t go back to sleep I tip toed into Nate’s room and crash his slumber snores.

“Ugh what’s wrong with you?” Nathan moaned when I rolled by his bedside. I giggled resting my head on the pillow.

I sighed, waiting for him to turn around but he lied there with his back to me, more or less trying to go back to sleep; so I began to poke him. Over and over and over and over until I fully got his attention.

“Aren’t you supposed to be the one sleeping and I’m the one that’s supposed to annoy you and wake you up?” He mumbled into his pillow with a low sigh.

“I can’t sleep.” I whined rolling myself on my tummy. He rolled around looking at me with a yawn. His teal colored eyes were still shielded behind his lids which made me a bit sad because I love that color.

“What time is it?” He asked rubbing his hands down his face and through his hair.

“Past seven.” I answered looking down at my phone. He cracked open his eyes slightly and I smiled seeing the blue popping out and contrasting against his skin, “Good morning sleepy head.” I sang kissing the top of his nose with a chuckle.

He smiled rolling on his back and rubbing his eyes, “Now that’s a great way to wake up.”

“I’d have to agree.” I said sitting upright on the bed.

“So what do you want to do today?” He asked resting one of his arms behind his head the other holding my hand, “We can take a drive, sit around, or go for a walk; whatever you want.”

“Hmm, what to do in Seattle?” I wondered, tapping my chin with my index finger. I perked my head up as the doorbell rang. I swung my legs off the bed touching the floor with my bare feet, “It’s probably Emma she left her phone charger here. I’ll go give it to her.” I told walking out of the room.

“Hey.” He complained pulling my arm to get closer to him. He smiled pulling me down so that his dried chapped lips were over mine. I went to kiss him back when the doorbell rang one more time, “She can wait.” He whined when I pulled away. I laughed shaking my head skipping out of the room.

“Hold on a second!” I called to the door, passing it I turning the knob prancing to the living room. I grabbed the wire off the coffee tab and went back to the door, “I thought Nate was stealing my phone charger again.” I chuckled stopping when I reached the door. My eyebrow rose when I saw none other than Nathan’s ex best friend standing in the door way looking a bit baffled.

He looked down at me, staring at my appearance a bit until I snapped my fingers at him. Sure I was wearing a shirt that wasn’t mine, and yes it is Nathan’s, but I wasn’t expecting nor packed for cold rainy nights, but you have to give me credit I am wearing shorts underneath. It counts for something, right?

 “You shouldn’t really be here.” I sighed crossing my arms over my chest, “If you’re trying to make things worse then I suggest that you leave. Now.” I said ordering him around. The last thing anyone needed was a repeat of Friday night.