Chapter 27- Squad Night

Grabbing a little red basket at the grocery store, I roamed straight to the aisle I knew the chips were in. I knew a majority of this little shopping food trip was mostly going to be to fill the boy's stomachs. Not that we didn't eat any of it, we would, but the portion we ate verse all the boys, miniscule. When we entered the aisle I walked slowly down the aisle, eyeing all the bags of chips, thinking to try something different.

"Why do you need to buy so much food?" Nathan asks, getting all smiley over a bag of cheese puffs I grabbed off the shelf. It wasn't different, but I nothing interestingly different had caught my eye yet.

"I know how big of an appetite you boys have." I remind him, "Plus, you shouldn't be surprised to know that we've ran out of everything eatable."

He chuckles, bending down as I pointed to the cans of Pringle chips- those things are deadly addicting. "Ooo, jalapeño cheddar. These sound good." I mention, grabbing the green and white bag off the shelf. "Have any suggestions?" I ask Nathan, moving slowly along.

"Doritos. Of course, it's a must have." He says grabbing the bag and putting it in the basket. "Oh, and the party mix. It isn't a party without party mix. Cheetos, duh. Hello, waffle cut chip? Heck yeah!"

"You are having way too much fun with this." I comment, following behind him with a chuckle as he dumped them in the red basket.

"What can I say? I'm a chip junkie." He chuckles, grabbing he basket from me.

We walked down the rest of the aisle before turning to the aisle that had all the candy options. We only got the usual movie candies, Skittles, Smarties, Sour Patch Kids, Sweet Tarts; anything made by Wonka. After deciding that I figured we were done, but apparently not.

"What about ice cream?" Nathan questions.

"I guess we could have an ice cream bar. Damn though, this is a lot of sugar and junk." I laugh, looking down into the basket. "Alright, I'll go get the ice cream. Can you go back to the milk aisle and get a couple can of whip cream. We're all out." He nodded his head, headed in the opposite direction as me.

I walked down to the freezers and stood in front of the Dreyer's ice cream section, looking through the foggy frozen doors deciding which of the many to choose from. It looks like they came out with new flavors, hmm. Ooo, since when did they have red velevet? Coffee and cookies! Shut up, I'm living in a dream.

"The red velvet is extraordinary, but if you want to play it safe Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is the way to go." Someone comments in a really cool accent. However, it was an all too familiar accent. I was scared to come to terms with the guy next to me as he reached for himself a quart of ice cream.

"Mr. O'Conner. I'm surprise to see you. Still here and all and not with, or in-"

"With my wife and our child in England, and why the bloody hell I'm still doing here?" He says with a smirk, finishing of my jumbled sentence. "I hope that you understand that I still have a life here in America with my boys. My business here wasn't finished after Parker's birthday."

I got an eerie feeling about all this, "What do you mean?" I question, but I realized as soon as I said it I really didn't want to know. Shake my head I stopped him from discussing, "Look, Mr. O'Conner not to be rude or anything but your sons really don't want to see you. Forcing yourself into their lives will only make them hate you more. You're coming on too strong."

Mr. O'Conner chuckles, shaking his head, "Don't worry about me, Hun. I know my boys well. They'll come around, they always do. Even Brody." He winks, walking off with the little red basket in his hand whistling; "Have an enjoyable evening." He calls over his shoulder, whistling again.