Chapter 21- Oops, I Did It Again

Chapter 21-  Oops, I Did It Again

Standing at my locker I shift through my books, figuring what I have to carry and what I can leave behind. From the corner of my eyes I saw Maddi coming closer and turning the nob on her lock, "Hey Brook, where you heading?” She asks, slamming her palm on her locker when it kept her out.

"Heading to Pre- Cal with Mr. Jackson." I sigh rolling my eyes. Math is not my thing. It was so easy at first, freshman year was a piece of cake. Sophomore year, a little bit of a challenge. Junior year, shoot me now, I hate math, this is so useless! I may get a decent grade for math, but that’s all thanks to hours on end of studying, extra help and a nifty website and app called Mathway. Gift from God!

"I don't have him today, thank The Lord. I didn't even do his homework!" She gasps, just remembering it now, as she looks through her binder quickly, "Yep. Totally blank." She mumbles showing me the paper.

"No, oh look see, you have the first two done at least." I enlighten, before she puts the paper away.

"That's because I tricked Nathan into doing it for me." She giggles packing it away.

"Lucky you." I smirk, "I'll tell you what, when I show mine to Jackson, I'll give it to you if you give me your Chemistry homework for Ms. Lee. Stupid diagrams are a pain!" I negotiate with her. For some reason Maddi got science in a snap. Everything made sense to her and stuck to her mind. Mine, unlikely, I could learn something in a week and forget it the next week.

"Deal!" She semi shouts passing me her paper. I have Ms. Lee next period, oh joy, "See this is why we're friends."

I laugh, shoving her science paper in my binder, "I thought it was because of my charm, beauty, kindness, and jokes?"

"Sweetheart, that's what you think." She teases looping her arm through mine as we walk to the same hallway, "How you holding up? You know, from Friday."

"To be honest I totally forgot." I say trying to look shock. There’s no way I could tell her what happen on Saturday, not until I figure out what happened Saturday, I’m still so confused.

"Oh, well that's good. Maybe this is a sign of you two moving on." She smiles, squeezing my arm generously.

"Yeah, maybe." I mumble thinking about the opposite. When I walk into my math class I couldn’t stop thinking how wrong Maddi is, there’s no way it looks like Brad is ready to move on, and kissing him back is probably a way of my head or heart telling me we’re not ready to move on either.

*****

I was in Chemistry class and hating every minute of it. All we were doing this class period was copying down notes, like we do in every other time. Pretending to jot down my notes I started making a sketch or blue print of what Parker's birthday invitations were going to say.

For: Parker O'Conner

Date: March 7th, 2012- Saturday