Chapter Five

"So much for trying to make it to class early." I picked the pen under the double doors after my embarrassment subsided. He placed my books in a neat pile before handing them to me.

Stepping to close invading my space and I have no problem with that as his scent filled my noses trills. He smelled of coffee and after shave. Minty. "Keep an eye on the road." and just like that he walked away.

Move to class Lake.

Entering the class, thank god it ain't the hall because all eyes turned as I entered. The lecturer was short bald guy, not too bad until I saw his name scribbled in a terrible handwriting Mr. Povftoff. I glanced around the room for an empty seat. There was one at the back. If there was a time I wished my legs could scuffle up so fast was now.

"Miss your i.d." I was midway the middle row when Mr Povftoff made his way to me. He looked at it and I was off the hook. Next destination, my seat.

"Miss Kennedy, I don't like people getting late for my class." he turned to face where I had taken my seat. "Were you drunk and by the side of the road or did your boyfriend forget to wake you up in time." the class went up in giggles while some didn't even bother to look at me. I totally hate him.

"Sorry sir it won't happen again." I hate him.

Turning to the white board to erase his name that had taken the whole space. "It better not happen again, now as I was saying before Miss Kennedy rudely walked in is that our first exam is on Wednesday so better pay attention." Yes I totally hate him.

After an hour of circles and definitions of annoying sets the class was done and I already hated it. I got a text from Judy to meet her at the cafeteria something about needing her caffeine fix.

I spotted her at the coffee line. "Please tell me your morning was as awful as mine. " I hugged her and took a spot behind her getting some clicks and looks that could kill from the guys behind us. I wasn't ready for any bull crap right now so I will let it pass.

"Just an annoying guy who keeps on following me around. What happened to you? You need more than a cup of coffee." she put her hand over my forehead.

She managed to pull a smile out of me, "Are you checking my temperature, what does that have to do with coffee?"

"I knew that was hiding somewhere."she pointed at my smile then turned to make her order. "Two grade America please." The guy getting our drinks was tall and skinny with bad marks of post teen acne. His shirt all ironed up and hat well sat on his head.

"Here. "he said passing us our order.

"I will take that," Judy took the coffee and moved to the side. "you pay the guy."

"So there are a few... " I was putting my change back when I was cut short.

" Lakke?" Chris' called from behind. I turned to see him walk towards us with a couple of new faces. He placed a friendly kiss my cheek with a slight hug and a hi. "where are you going to seat?" he looked passed us.

"We haven't decided yet." I looked at Judy who had questions written all over her face making her brown eyes pop out.

"Let's go outside." he pointed at the empty chairs outside then turned to his friends. "See you guys in the next meeting."

Judy pulled her chair after placing my coffee on my side. "Lake, introduction." she took a sip of her coffee.

"Chris this is Judy and Judy Chris." I was too eager to get some coffee in my system after my awful morning.

"I have been seeing you around but its good to officially meet Cindy's first daughter. "he gave her his hand before getting in to his bag and dig out his lap top.