Chapter 23

He was kneeling down looking at me, satisfaction written all-over his face. He was happy. He was happy that finally things were looking up. The worry that was on his face was now replaced with a happy smile. A smile that could really be read from a far, from where I was.

He tied his shoe and stood up as I got closer. He looks good in a suit and tie and his gelled hair that seemed to have clung to each other falling in his back apart from the stubborn few that had escaped and fell over his left brow, he looked good and it left me wondering if that was intentional.

"Ready to talk to Tom?" I asked once I reached the gate.

"I have never been ready!" He said gesturing to his whole look.

We decided it would be easier to talk to Tom about everything at dinner. He had no idea I was pregnant and with what Will had in mind it had to be passed by him first.

"You look so good." Judy came in for a hug when he reached the door. "Cindy went generous with he meat. It is either she is happy or planning on making this our last meal." She whispered as we walked in the door.

Cindy came out of the kitchen holding a glass for Will and suddenly I felt out of place. Her black mid-length dress with Judy's sundress and Will's suit made my blue jeans and white t-shirt seem out of place. As if to make me feel even worse dad came down in a button down shirt and pants that fitted the place.

Yeap I am out of place.

"Since everyone is here can we all go to the dinning table." Cindy skilfully walked in front of everyone managing her slim figure that looked really good in the black dress and matching shoes.

"I told you she is planning on killing us." Judy pulled me away from Will and walked behind Cindy leaving Tom and Will behind us.

"How do you think Tom will take it."

"What? The pregnancy or the fact that his daughter will be going with a guy to London."

"What!??" She got the attention of the whole house including the maid that was setting the ham on the table. We are having ham? Cindy did go all out.

"Am sorry, I lost her favourite book." I uncomfortably apologized.

"What!? You are leaving with Will?"

"Yeap, I want to. I mean our baby can't have no father, besides there is nothing I am doing here. I could finish my school there. That's after I give birth." I lowered my voice when we got to the table. Will and Tom seemed to have disappeared in the study.

"Do they have to do this now? The food will get cold." Cindy complained as she picked her second glass for the night.

"We will be right there." Tom spoke as if he heard her.

The awkward silence was broken by my phone chirping in my pocket.

How will he take care of you two?

Me : he has some money. His dad wasn't a bum after all. He got his house back and a job in one of Chris dad's friend.

Judy: I wish I was you .

"Can you put your phone's away. The chirping is spoiling the mood."

We quietly placed the phones back in our pockets. Right then Will and Tom came walking in the room.

"I thought you will take forever." Cindy placed the now almost empty glass on the table and started serving herself.

"The meal looks good Cindy.£

"Thank you William."

"I am still not allowing her to leave I just got her here." Tom spoke over his anger making Cindy's neck almost snap looking at him.

"Dad we haven't even started eating yet."

Everyone went quiet looking at me and that's when I knew that I had forgiven him. I had always. I was just too hard headed to admit it to myself and I forced other people to believe it.

Cindy cleared her throat after a few seconds of awkward silence."We should eat before the food gets cold."

***

"I think she should go if she wants too." Judy answered awkwardly to Tom's question after she was dragged into the fight that seemed to have escalated with every spoon full of our dinner.

"Won't you miss her?"

"I will, but if she wants to be happy with him who am I to say no?" She shrugged her shoulders carelessly.

"Honey, just let her go. It is for the best."

"You just don't want her to be here?" Tom exploded pushing his chair and himself off the table.

Dinner was apparently done.

"Yes, every time I see her I see my dead sister and the fact that her mother caused it."

"Leave my mom out of this." Anger slid off me quietly and Will noticed which he reacted by lightly squeezing my thigh.

"She wants to go let her." Cindy spoke as if she didn't hear me.

I looked over Tom and saw his conflict. He had two daughters and one was totally damaged and the other wants to leave him. The conflict was whether he was doing the right thing or was he just being mean.

"Dad," I walked over to him taking his hand into mine. "I love Will, just like you loved mom and I want to go with him. I can't let him go alone."

"What of me honey. I just got you back."

"Got me back? You never lost me you just were to scared to come and see me. I have always been there."

"I can barely remember my little princes. I lost so much time."

"We can make up for it I just need to find a bit of happiness here and Will, Will is my happiness." I looked over to Will who smiled at me.

"My princess is all grown up. I still can't believe it?" He pulled me into a hug. "I love you so much kido."

"I love you too dad." He squeezed my shoulders and I heard Cindy walk away.

"Don't worry about her."