Chapter 25

"Where are the keys?"

"I don't know Will, look at the top drawer in the kitchen."

A minute shortly he came out of the house with the keys in hand. He strapped in and I envied how easily it looked on him. I had to struggle to fit in the seat.

I had past my due date by a week and Paula was making me angry all the damn time. We came back to Kenya for Georigia's birthday and the doctor's advice was not to travel , according to him it would stressful for the baby and since we came without his consent we have to stay till Paula comes.

"I hate these branches, why always on Sunday? Since we have been here all we do every Sunday is go for branches."

"Paula come out soon mommy is getting angry again." Will spoke to my bump pulling out of the drive way.

"You know that's no longer funny." I said dryly.

"What do you want? An ice cream, maybe chicken or the green juice thing that you like."

"Will! What are you trying to do? Make me hit you. If I want food I would ask for some."

"So ice cream it is." He said keeping his eyes on the road.

"Cream in." A smile couldn't be hidden from me. He knew me well.

The cream in drive way wasn't far down the road from where we stayed. It was the only thing that kept me from screaming my head out. Everything seemed to piss me off. 

We pulled into the drive way. "Give me a minute I will be right back."

"Don't forget chocolate sprinkles, lots of them."

"I know." He shut the door behind him.

I wanted a boy but the happiness that was on Will's face when he found out it was a girl was something I was proud of. He was getting his own princess and my heart melted at his joyful face.

Breaking the news to my dad was done when we were in London and I was four months pregnant. We wanted when he came for the wedding there won't be any surprises for him. Cindy was as usual against the fact that Will wanted to marry me saying that he did it because he got me pregnant.  Typical Cindy

Judy and Chris kept on breaking up and making up. I wondered how branch would be like since they are not  talking right now. According to Judy it was something that Chris did. Their fights were just adorable.

"Paula honey," I rubbed my belly while talking to her, something that I found myself do a lot of times.  "Mommy wants a break. Will you let mommy see you. I want to see you."

I waited for a kick and got none. She was a sturbon one. Sometimes I would be sleeping and that was when she decided it's time to play so I end up sitting all night long watching TV that sucks.

I had been feeling like contractions since morning but I kept it to myself. I didn't want what happened last time. Getting rushed to the hospital in the middle if the night just for it to be a false alarm. So I downloaded this app that let me count a least for three hours before going to the delivery room.

"Took you long enough."

"The line was long."

"Ouch." A scream escaped me without realising it. They were getting g stronger.

"Are you fine?" Will's face had worry written all over it.

Just then another contraction hit. "I think it is time." I managed to smile. Paula was coming.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am sure." I held my lower back. "Can we go to the hospital now."

He got in the car and started making calls to everyone that mattered.

Our drive to the hospital wasn't long because when you have a paranoid dad and a husband things like that were the first thing they considered before getting a place.

"Can you walk in or should I call the nurses?"

"I can walk Will."

"He led me through he double doors and a nurse got me taking me to a room while Will filled in the papers.

I was changing into the hospital gown when another painful contraction hit.

"Hello Mrs. Keller how do you feel?" A doctor walked in with a clip board in his hand and pulled out a pen from his pocket. "How far are the contractions?"

"Five minutes apart." The nurse spoke.

"Let's see how far you are dilated." He placed the clip board on my side and put on latex gloves.

His finger slid inside me in time for another contraction and this time I let out a scream.

"She is not so far off, let's give her another another hour." He said walking out of the room.

"You will be fine Mrs. Keller." The nurse noted the worried look on my face.

***
3 hours later.

"Push honey she is almost here." I heard Will's voice behind the doctor.

The pain was like something I have never had and heard of before. I was in labour for three hours and Will's voice of telling me to push harder was starting to piss me off. I mean I was doing my best. My forehead was all sweaty.

I was feeling like giving up. "Ok! Mrs. Keller just one last strong push." The doctor looked up my gown to me as if he read me. I felt Will's fingers intertwine with mine and with that I gave it all I had.

Then I heard it, I heard what I wanted to hear, her cry. Her sweet cry and that made me cry.

My baby. Paula was here.

"My baby, can I see my baby." Tears couldn't stop falling.

She was wrapped in a light blanket and handed to me.

Her eyes, she had her father's eyes. Light brown.

The tinny hands that seemed to be trying to feel the new surrounding.

Her beautiful black curly hair a combination of Will and I. I laughed at how tinny and beautiful she was.

"Sir, will you cut the cord."

Will moved from my side to cut the cord. He came back when done to where he was. Leaning over to see our beautiful daughter.

"Can I hold her." His voice was merely a whisper.

I gave her to him and he rocked her back and forth. Promising things to her that only made my heart melt.

"Hey, will you be fine?" The run up there is no joke." Chris' voice pulled me back.

He was standing there. The light brown eyed boy stood beside him and his eyes gave me a look, a look that I know to well and in those eyes I drowned.

It was all a fantasy.