Prologue

Avery's POV

"OMG Missy is having another baby!" We scream. "I hope its a girl!" Jamie shouts. I hope it is another boy. Ollie would have a best friend.

I'm Avery. I'm 12 years old and have been living in the Los Angeles Orphanage since I was 4 years old. I have long, wavy, light brown hair and bright green eyes.

My mom died when I was 2 because of cancer. My dad however, is an alcoholic. When my mom died, he was so depressed and started drinking. He would come home from 'work' drunk and would abuse me. I would run and scream but he always caught me. One day, he was really drunk and abused me worse than ever before. I can still remember it.

~FLASHBACK~

I am in my room watching Cinderella when I hear the front door slam shut.

"AVERY GET YOUR LITTLE BUTT DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" My daddy screams. I run down the stairs as fast as my little 4 year self can. I rush down the hallway and into the living room where I find Daddy.

"Hi Daddy." I mumble, scared to death.

"YOU DIDN'T GET DOWN HERE FAST ENOUGH! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" He screams in my face.

"Sorry Daddy." I say almost in tears. I've never seen him this drunk before. I wish Mommy were here.

"IM GOING TO GET YOU NOW!" He yells, slapping me across the face.

I kick him in the stomach before he can hit me again. He grabs my long ponytail and pulls me up over his shoulder.

"DON'T FIGHT ME!" He shouts in my ear. I bite his neck as hard as I can. He finally lets go of me and I run to the phone. I hear loud footsteps behind me. I grab his iPhone and run to the front door which is still unlocked. I look back and see Daddy stomping angrily.

I whip the door open and slam it shut right into Daddy's face. I run across the street to my babysitter Brynne's house. I repeatedly ring the doorbell. No answer. I take the phone out of my pocket and dial 911.

"Hello. What is your emergency?" A male voice asks.

"Um my Daddy is drunk and he is hurting me." I answer into the phone.

"How old are you and where do you live?" He says. He is asking too many questions.

"I'm four and I live on um 219 Opal Lane." I tell the man nervously.

"We'll be right over." The man says, hanging up.

I look back at what used to be my house and see Daddy come running out the door. Uh oh. He looks like he is going to kill me. I climb into Brynne's tree house and just cry until finally I hear sirens.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"Avery!" The girls are yelling. I must have zoned out.

"Huh?" I say, shuffling to my feet.

"Ms. Elly said that some people are coming to adopt in two days and to make sure that our rooms are clean and we have our outfits ready." Madison informs me.

"Okay." I mumble.

In the orphanage, 6 girls share a room together. I am the second oldest in my room. Madison is 13, Jamie is 8, Sky is 6, Jadyn is 9, and Kallie is 10.

We all have so much in common:
•We all love Daily Bumps.
•We all love to tumble.
•We all are super hyper and wild.
•We all love Oreos. (We may or may not hide them in our room.)
•We all love Pop music.

I'll introduce you to everyone. (From oldest to youngest.)

Madi first lived here when she was 8. She was adopted and sent back 3 times. Her parents were in a car accident and she barely lived. Her little brother, Jackson, lives in the boys' section of the orphanage downstairs.

You already know how I got here, but you don't know about the twins. My mom was in the hospital and had just had my little sister and brother when she died. Unfortunately the twins didn't make it either.

Kallie has been here since she was 7. Her parents used to fight a lot and finally one day it got so bad that her father killed her mother. Kallie and her older sister, Lucy, escaped and ran away to the orphanage.

Jadyn and Jamie are sisters. They were sent here at the age of 5 and 4 along with their 4 younger brothers, Asher, Jai, Calum, and Brendon, and their 2 younger sisters, Bailey and Riley. Their parents were taken away by the police because of illegal things like drugs and illegal things in their house.

Sky is Ms. Elly's daughter. The orphanage was open before she was born. Sky has twin brothers, Christian and Carson, who are only 2 years old.

Their father is a nice young man named Joseph. Ms. Elly and Joseph have been married since they were 20. Ms. Elly had Sky when she was 19. They are an amazing family.

The girls are all totally different.

Madi has long, straight, dark brown hair and brown eyes. She usually wears leggings and a long t-shirt with her flip flops. She has braces and wears a messy bun in her hair. She is like the "mommy" of the room. She is really funny but can also be serious.

As I said before, I have long, wavy, light brown hair and green eyes. I wear mostly jean shorts and a soccer tournament shirt with flip flops. I wear two french braids and a headband that matches my shirt and flip flops. The girls say I'm really sassy, weird (in a good way!), and funny.

Kallie has long, wavy, bleach blonde hair and hazel eyes. She wears short dresses (not like that, I know what you're thinking!) and vans. She wears a loose, side braid in her hair and a beanie everyday. She is hilarious and extremely hyper.

Jadyn has short, straight, medium brown hair and hazel eyes. She wears high waisted shorts and crop tops with converse or vans. Her hair is usually just down. She is wild and loud, but not annoyingly loud.

Jamie almost looks the same. She has short, straight, medium brown hair, but dark brown eyes. She wears skirts and fancy shirts with sandals. Her hair is also usually just down. She is shy and the strongest girl in the orphanage.

Sky has long, straight, medium brown hair and bright blue eyes. She always wears a spaghetti strap dress and converse. Her hair is always in a braid and a bow. She is sassy, really funny, and extremely athletic.

I was taken out of my thoughts by a sound almost like a gunshot and a lot of loud screaming downstairs.
_________________________

Hey guys! This is my first story! I hope you enjoy it! I would really appreciate feedback!

Next chapter at 10 reads and 5 votes!

Bye!

chocolatelarry_