2

Avery's POV

I wake up to the ringing of my phone. I roll over and pick it up.

"Hello?" I ask, looking at the number. It's blocked.

"I'm coming Avery." Someone whispers. Dad. I hang up and delete all my calls from my phone.

"Girls! Get ready! People are coming to adopt today!" I hear Ms. Elly yell from the hall.

I get out of bed and go to my closet. I pull out my green and white dress I wore for Easter and my white sandals. I only wear dresses on holidays, adoption days, and to parties or fancy dinners.

I go into my bathroom and change into my dress and sandals. We each get our own bed, bathroom, and closet, except Jadyn and Jamie. They share a bathroom and Winter got the other one. I brush my hair and put it into my everyday hair style, two french braids. I spray my perfume, brush my teeth, and put my eos on.

I walk out of the bathroom and into the room with the beds. Winter is sitting on the bed playing with her hair.

"Hey Winter." I say.

"Hi." She says, looking down.

"Could you, um, could you do my hair?" She asks me.

"Sure! What hairstyle?" I ask her.

"Two french braids like yours. Emma always did it." She tells me.

"Okay. What are you going to wear?" I ask.

"I don't really know." She says, looking embarrassed.

"We'll pick that out after I'm done." I tell her.

"Okay." She says, a little more cheerful.

I finish her hair and we walk over to her closet.

"It's beautiful. Thank you." She says to me.

"Anytime." I tell her.

We look through her closet and finally decide on a blue and white chevron dress and white sandals. She changes in the bathroom and comes out.

"Beautiful!" I say. She laughs.

"Thanks Avery." She says, hugging me. I nod my head.

Just then, Ms. Elly opens the door.

"Girls, they're here." She tells us.

We look at each other and laugh. Following Ms. Elly downstairs. I look out the window and see a small, gray car pulling in the parking lot. A young woman with brown hair with highlights gets out of the car and goes to the backseat. She comes back out of the doorway with a little boy with blonde hair. Finally, a young man with brown hair gets out of the front seat. I can only see the back of them.

We all get in our line and wait for the visitors. Finally, they turn around. Oh my god. It can't be! It is! It's Daily Bumps! I almost fall to the floor with tears in my eyes. Daily Bumps are coming to adopt at my orphanage. Oh my god.

The doorbell rings and Ms. Elly opens it, greeting the famous YouTubers. Ms. Elly introduces us and they walk over to her desk.

"What gender and age group would you like to adopt from?" She asks them.

"A girl around 10 to 14." Bryan says. I almost faint. That's my age group.

"Girls 9 and younger you can go back to your rooms or you can stay and see who gets adopted." Ms. Elly says. I watch Winter walk away and sit in a seat to watch. She looks sad.

Bryan and Missy go through the girls until finally Bryan says, "I vote her." Missy agrees. I wonder who they picked.

"Oh, Avery!" Ms. Elly says.