4

Avery's POV

As those blue eyes stare into mine, I can tell something isn't right.

"Ollie? What's wrong bud?" I ask, looking into his eyes.

"Mommy!" He screams, crying a little. I let him go and he runs over to Missy.

"Oliver, what's wrong?" Missy asks, concerned.

Ollie justs points to the door behind me. I slowly turn around and see a man outside, looking in. I get up and quickly walk over to Bryan.

"Um, who is that?" I gulp, looking at Bryan.

"I have no idea. Everyone into Ollie's room. Take Karma too." He tells us, slowly walking towards the door.

We all follow his orders, except Jim, or Papa, as Ollie says. He walks over to Bryan. Missy takes Ollie upstairs, followed by Mimi and Cassie. I call Karma and lead him into Ollie's room. We quickly shut the door and start whispering.

"Who is that?" Cassie asks.

"What is he doing here?" I ask.

No one answers any questions. We hear the front door open and Bryan talking.

"Hello?" Bryan asks.

"Where is she?" The man yells back.

I could recognize that voice anywhere. It's my dad! He said he was coming for me. Bryan, please don't tell him.

"Avery, do you know who that is?" Missy asks, clearly seeing the worry on my face.

"Yes, it's my real dad. He told me he was coming for me, but I didn't think he would actually find me." I explain.

We all go silent until we hear yelling and the front door slam.

"Daddy?" Ollie cries.

Just then, Bryan and Jim come rushing through the door.

"He's gone." Bryan sighs, letting us all out of the tiny room.

"It was my dad, wasn't it?" I whisper to him.

He just nods and walks downstairs. I walk into my room and sit on my bed. I pull out my phone and reply to all my texts from the girls back at the orphanage. There is someone that called me, but I don't know who. I click on the voicemail and my heart stops when I find out who it is. I replay the voicemail once more.

Hi Avery, this is Dayton. The girls gave me your number. I know we didn't really talk, but the girls told me that you liked me. I just wanted to tell you that I like you too. Text me later if you want to. By the way, the girls miss you, especially the one named Winter. Okay, I have to go now, a family is here. Bye.

I decide to text him.

To Dayton :)
From Avery
Hey Dayton. Tell the girls I miss them too, Winter the most. You really like me too? Text me back when you get the chance. By the way, I hope you get adopted! -Avery

I shut my phone off and walk downstairs to see Ollie running around in just his diaper, screaming, "Bawoon! Bawoon!" I have no idea why because there are no balloons.

"Ollie!" I yell, scooping him up. He just keeps screaming.

I carry him into the living room and sit him on the couch. I look out the window and everyone is in the pool except for Cassie. She is sitting on the couch as well.

"Hey Cassie." I sit next to her.

"Hi Avery. Do you want to go in the pool? I can get Oliver into his bathing suit and we can go out." She explains, picking up Ollie.

"Sure, let me go change." I say, heading up the stairs, Cassie and Oliver following behind.

I walk into my room and find my bathing suits. I decide on a light blue and black strapless chevron top and black bottoms.

I change into the suit and put my hair into a messy bun. I grab my light blue flip-flops and walk downstairs to meet Ollie and Cassie. They are already waiting, so we walk outside and see Bryan doing a cannonball into the pool.

We jump into the pool, splashing everyone. Ollie shows off his swimming skills and I do some tumbling into the pool.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

After about 2 and a half hours of swimming, we decided to go inside and eat dinner.

Bryan made grilled chicken, rice, and steamed some broccoli. It was amazing. We had some odd conversations and Oliver got ketchup all over himself, which made us all laugh.

Mimi, Papa, and Cassie left about an hour after dinner. Tomorrow Missy, Mimi, Cassie, and I are going to Missy's doctors appointment.

After they left, it was time for Ollie to go to bed. We read him a book and put him into his crib. After shutting off the lights, Missy and Bryan make their way downstairs, while I head to my room.

I change into my pajamas and crawl into my bed with my phone. Scrolling through my notifications, a text from Dayton catches my eye.

To Avery
From Dayton :)
I just got adopted! Do you happen to know anyone named Cullen and Katie? They are my new parents! I also have a little sister named Macey Gaines! She is adorable! Anyways, yes, I really do like you. Do you, um, maybe want to be my girlfriend? Maybe, we could meet up sometime? The only problem is that I live all the way in Alabama! It is so far from California! I miss you! Goodnight. -Dayton

I smile and text him back.

To Dayton :)
From Avery
Congratulations! OMG yes I know who Cullen and Katie are! They are like best friends with my parents! I would love to be your girlfriend. We definitely should hang out sometime! Tomorrow I will ask my parents when we are going to see Cullen and Katie again. I miss you too! Goodnight. -Avery

I plug my phone into its charger and close my eyes. Eventually I drift off.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Hey guys!
80 reads holy crap! That's almost 100!
It's really exciting because on my old account, this book had over 1k reads, so that's my goal!
Sorry for the bad chapter!
Update at 100 reads, 10 votes, and 8 comments!
Bye!

QOTC-If Missy has another baby, would you want it to be a girl or boy?

chocolatelarry_