1

Avery's POV

All of us start sprinting down the stairs to find Ms. Elly calling 911, Winter crying, and the main entrance open.

"What happened?" I ask Ms. Elly.

"Emma. Emma was just kidnapped, but we'll get her back. Don't worry." She sighs.

"How did they get in?" I wonder.

""I have no idea. I guess the main doors were left unlocked and they came in." She frowns.

"Do you know who it was?" I start walking back up to our room.

"No. All we know is there was more than one of them." She is almost in tears.

I nod and the girls follow me up to our room. We sit on our beds and talk.

"Who do you think took her?" Jamie asks.

We all shrug.

"I have no idea." Madi answers.

Winter's POV

"Winter, it's okay. She loved you a lot." Ms. Elly tells me, tears in her eyes. I shake my head, covering my face with my hands. I hear all the other girls and boys running down the stairs and screaming, but I don't care. All I care about is Emma.

Emma was always so nice to me. She was my best friend. I never imagined her leaving me like this. Those stupid kidnappers.

"Winter, she is gone. There is nothing we can do now." Ms. Elly says. I look at her. A tear rolls down her cheek.

"We will all miss her." Everyone says together.

"What room am I in?" I ask Ms. Elly.

"You are going to live with Madi, Avery, Kallie, Jadyn, Jamie, and Sky. They're all very nice and will love you." She says.

"Okay. Um, isn't there someone coming to adopt soon?" I ask. Hopefully I can get adopted because I don't know these girls. I know who they are, we just don't talk, really.

"Yes, in 2 days. Don't worry Winter, I'm sure the girls will love you." She answers. I hope what she is saying is true.

I walk into my new room. All of the girls greet me and tell me their names. I already like them! I really like the one named Avery. She seems like she could be my best friend.

We talk for the next hour and a half about random things. When it's time to go to bed, we all say goodnight to each other.

"I love you Emma." I whisper to my sister, hoping she can hear me wherever she is.

That is the last thing I said before sleep took over me.

Avery's POV

Ms. Elly comes upstairs and tells us that Winter is going to stay in our room. I know who she is, but we've just never really talked, I guess.

5 minutes later, Winter enters the room. She is so pretty. She has perfect blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. She is wearing a plain white top and a pink skater skirt with white converse. Her hair is in two french braids and a pink headband.

"Hi, I'm Avery! That's Madi, Kallie, Jadyn, Jamie, and Sky." I say. She shyly waves and walks to the open bed to put her things down.

"So, um.." Kallie says. Everything is quiet and no one is moving.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Jadyn shouts. A couple of us jump.

"Okay. Everyone get in a circle." Madi tells us. We all hurry to make a circle on the floor.

"Since Madi is the oldest, she'll go first. She'll ask one of us truth or dare and after we answer we ask someone else truth or dare. If we fail the dare or we don't do it, we have to eat a spoonful of siracha sauce." Jadyn explains to Winter. She nods her head shyly.

"Um, Avery! Truth or Dare?" Madi asks me.

"Truth." I answer, wiggling my eyebrows at her.

"Do you like Dayton?" She asks, smirking at me.

Dayton is in the boy section of the orphanage. He has light brown hair and green eyes. He's 12 like me. The girls say I like him. I tell them I don't, but I might like him just a little. Okay, maybe I like him a lot.

"Ew, no!" I scream, making a disgusted face.

"You're blushing!" Kallie yells.

"Fine, yes. I like Dayton." I tell them, feeling my face get hot.

"We need to go tell him!" They all yell, running out of the room.

"No! Stop!" I scream back.

They are already gone. Everyone left except Winter and I. I sigh in embarrassment.

"Who's Dayton?" Winter asks.

"He's a boy in the boys section. Have you ever been on that side?" I tell her. The orphanage is made up of two sections, the boys and the girls. To get to the opposite side, there is a special code. I'm the only one in the group that knows the code. It's the date Sky was born. Ms. Elly made it.

"No, but Emma had a friend, Livia. Her little brother's friend, Joey, came here and they visited. It was Emma, Livia, and Lucas, Livia's little brother. I wasn't born yet." She says. This is the most I've heard her talk.

"AVERY!" I hear the girls yelling in the hallway.

"Uh oh." I say to Winter. She giggles.

"Avery!" Jamie comes running in, out of breath.

"What?" I ask, hoping they couldn't find him.

"He gave us his number for you to text him! Where's your phone?" She says, looking around.

I sigh. "I'm not telling you!" I tell her, laughing.

"Girls! It's time to get ready for bed!" Ms. Elly yells so everyone can hear her.

We all scramble and get into our pajamas. We say good night to each other and climb into our beds.

"I love you Emma." I hear Winter whisper from her bed. She is in the bed next to me. I look over at her. She is staring at the ceiling. Finally, she rolls over and falls asleep.

I turn back around and grab my phone. I check Instagram. There is someone wanted by the police. His name is John Bretts. Who even is that? Suddenly I remember something. Oh God. No. Please, no.

Dad.
• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Casually waiting for Finley to be born like..

Thanks for 10 reads!
Hope you like this chapter!
Check out my other story, Payne!
Go follow me on Instagram, @tattooedhood_
Next chapter at 25 reads!
Bye!

chocolatelarry_