25

Dayton's POV

"Dayton, Mom is going into labor. Do you want to come to the hospital with us or stay with Gaines?" Dad asks me.

"I want to see Brooks be born, but I'll stand by Mom's head." I laugh and kiss Gaines goodbye.

"Okay, ready to go?" Dad buckles Gaines into her car seat to drop her off at Grandolly's house.

"Yup." I nod, getting into the car after helping Mom in.

"Let's go have a baby!" Dad shouts, pulling onto the road.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

8 am The Next Morning

"He's coming today. We're going to meet him today." The nurse tells Mom, "We'll put your epidural in in about an hour and then see where it leads us."

"Okay, thank you." Mom smiles.

"He's almost here." I grin, ready for my baby brother to come.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

11:52 am

"One more time. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10." The doctor tells Mom.

Just as I thought she was going to have to push one more time, a wailing scream fills the room. My baby brother is finally here.

I smile and watch as they clean Brooks with a towel and hand him to Mom. Mom starts crying and I'm in shock. He's adorable and looks just like Dad. I still can't believe Brooks is finally here.

The doctors weigh him and he is about 6 pounds from what I heard. It sounds about right because he looks very little.

"Do you want to hold him?" Mom asks me.

"Yes." I smile as she lays Brooks in my arms, "He's adorable, Mom."

Brooks slowly opens his eyes for the first time making me smile even wider.

"Hi, Brooks. I'm your older brother and I love you so much." I kiss his forehead before passing him on to Dad.

A little while later, Grandolly and Gaines walk in and the rest of the family follows.

Gaines met him and now she won't leave his side. We all climb onto the bed and take a picture with Brooks, Macey Gaines, Dad, Mom, and I.

Even thought there will be many dirty diapers and many nights where I won't get much sleep because of Brooks crying, I'm so excited to finally have a little brother.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Hey guys!
Sorry it's short and sorry I haven't updated in forever!
I had really bad writer's block and lately I haven't been feeling like I wanted to update, but...
Baby Brooks was born so I had to make this chapter!
He is absolutely adorable and so precious!
I have more news..
I'm going to be ending this book when I hit 10k reads!
But, I'm thinking about making a sequel and I need your opinions!
So if you could please comment whether you want a sequel and who you want it to be about-Daily Bumps, Ellie and Jared, or Cullen and Katie!
Bye!

Goal: 9k by August
Update: 9.2k

QOTC: What do you think of Brooks?

chocolatelarry_