8

Avery's POV

"Hi Avery." She hugs back.

"How'd you get here?" I ask her, smiling.

"Dayton set it up. Oh and I'm not the only one." She smirks.

Before I have the chance to say anything all of the girls jump out and yell.

"Surprise!" They hug me.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you're here!" I scream.

"Hello." Dayton smiles, his friends from the orphanage standing behind him.

"You're the best boyfriend ever." I hug him.

"Boyfriend?" The girls yell.

"Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you. We're dating now." I laugh.

We all decide to wander around and talk, so I run over to Mom and Dad.

"Can we go into the hallway over there?" I ask, pointing to an empty hall.

"Sure, go ahead. Just be back by 1." Dad answers.

"Thanks." I hug him.

I run over to the giant group of kids and Dayton and I lead them over to the empty hall. We start running and laughing.

"Hey Avery! Show us some tricks." Zach laughs.

"Whatever." I shake my head.

I do a roundoff backhandspring and all the girls clap. I bow and laugh at them.

Jadyn runs over to me and whispers in my ear.

"Standing tucks?" She asks.

I reply with a nod.

We get ready to do it and the boys are staring at us. We flip at the same time, but when I land, Zach throws something at me and I fall. He covers his mouth and laughs. I lay on the ground in pain.

"Avery!" The girls run over to me. Dayton slaps Zach on the arm and comes over.

"Someone go get her parents!" Kailey yells.

"Madi, go." Sky points to Mom and Dad.

"No, I'm the oldest, I need to stay with her." She tells Sky.

"Fine, I'll go." Sky sasses Madi. Dang that girl has got some sass.

"No, Jadyn you go. Sky is too little." I say through the pain. She takes off in their direction.

"I'll get her." Dayton tells Madi. He picks me up bridal style and carries me over to where the parents are.

Dad shuts off the camera when he sees me.

"Avery, are you okay?" Mom asks, clearly worried.

I shake my head. She looks at Bryan, almost in tears.

"Thank you Dayton." Dad takes me out of Dayton's arms.

"I'll take her to the hospital. Miss, you stay here." He says goodbye to Mom.

"Dad, can Winter come with me?" I ask him.

"Sure, whatever you want." He calls Winter over, "Winter, she wants you to go with her."

Winter nods her head and runs over to Dad. We wave goodbye and rush out the door.

Dad carefully sits me in the car and gets in the front seat. Winter climbs in next to me.

It is a long and painful drive, but finally we make it to the hospital.

Dad picks me up out of the car and Winter follows us inside the building.