11

Avery's POV

I wake up and get my crutches from beside me. I make my way over to my drawer and get out my outfit-jean shorts, gray American Eagle crop top, gray vans.

I go to the doctor's today to get my foot checked. I really hope I get off of these stupid crutches. They hurt my arms really badly. I'll probably have to stay in my boot, though.

I go into my bathroom and change. I throw my hair into a messy bun and quickly put on my mascara.

I go back into my room and slowly crutch down the stairs, almost falling on my face.

Dad comes over to me and carries me to the couch. Ollie runs and jumps on top of me.

"AVEY!" He hugs me.

"Hey bud." I kiss his forehead.

He smiles and runs into his playroom.

"Dad, can you get me a pop tart?" I yell to him from the couch, too lazy to get up.

"Yeah. Go get in the car." He walks into the kitchen.

"K thanks. Bye Mom!" I yell up the stairs.

"Bye!" I hear as I open the door and enter the garage.

I crutch to the car and open the door. I put my crutches on the backseat and hop to the passenger seat. I climb in and plug my headphones in just as Dad comes into the garage.

"Ready?" He shuts his door and starts the car.

I nod and put my foot up on the dashboard, unlocking my phone and hitting shuffle on my One Direction playlist. Best Song Ever comes on and I go on Instagram. I follow a few fanpages and just scroll through my feed.

~20 minutes later~

We pull into the parking lot and I pause my music. Dad stops the car and gets out. He walks to the backseat and gets my crutches, handing them to me after I get out.

We make our way to the building and I sit in the waiting room when we get inside. Dad checks in and comes back to sit next to me.

A few minutes later, the doctor calls me back. I crutch back to the room and hop onto the bed.

"So, Ms. Avery, how are you?" Dr. Thompson asks me.

"Pretty good." I smile back.

"Pretty good?" He questions me, referring to the 'pretty' part.

"School." I make a disgusted face.

"Okay then." He laughs at me, unlocking one of his cabinets and pulling out some Ace wrap.

"How has your foot been feeling?" He starts to unwrap my ankle.

"Good, actually." I reply.

"Okay, so I'm just going to move your ankle around a little, maybe push on it a bit." He starts moving my ankle in different directions.

He pushes it so my toes are coming up towards me and I wince.

"Does that hurt?" He releases his grip.

I nod and he points my toes, sending a searing pain through my whole foot.

"How about that?" He questions.

I nod again and he stands up, letting go of my foot.

"Okay. So, I'm going to wrap it again, obviously." He laughs, "I'm going to go into the back to get another boot for you and when I get back, we can decide if we need these suckers or not." He smiles, referring to my crutches.