Chapter 16: Recovery

I heard voices. I try opening my eyes, squinting them, trying to adjust to the light.
I finally look to Dean sitting on my bed, next to me and Abby on the couch.
"What happened?" I croaked. I haven't spoken in some time. Dean immediately turned to me.
"Hey, love." He kissed my forehead. "How do you feel?" He asked, voice covered in concern.
"I feel better. Get me water please." I croaked. Dean was gone in a flash. First time I've seen him use his speed.
Abby walked over and sat on my bed.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You turned,sweety. You are the most beautiful and rarest of wolves there is." She said stroking my hair.
"What? I turned into a wolf?" I asked. She nodded her head.
"How do i look?" I asked curiously.
She smiled at me.
"You have snow white fur. Big paws. Silver eyes. And you are bigger than a average wolf." She explained.
"Wow, it sounds so unreal." I was stunned. She smiled.
"Am i gonna turn again?" I asked afraid of the answer.
Her expression changed.
"Unfortunately, yes. You're gonna have to keep turning until it doesn't hurt anymore." She said.
My gut fell. I didn't want to go through all that pain again.
Dean then came in with a glass of water.
He put his left hand behind my head and tilted it forward a bit. He brought the glass closer for me to drink. I took a sip. I could feel the ice cold liquid going down my throat.
"Feel better?" Dean asked.
"Much." I said without croaking.
"So how long have i been in bed?" I asked. They looked at each other before answering.
"A month." Abby said. My mouth fell open. Completely shocked.
"A month?"
"Yes, love. I was so worried you weren't going to wake up."
"I was basically in a freaking coma."
"You could say that, yes."
"Well that is peachy." I opened my covers and climbed out of bed carefully. My legs felt wobbly. I took a few steps and fell to my knees. Dean came to help me up.
"What are you doing, love?" He asked.
"Going to the bathroom." I said. He picked me up bridal style and put me back down in the bathroom. He ran me a nice hot shower.
"You can undress yourself without having an accident right?" Dean said.
"Haha very funny. Yes i can. Shoo." He smiled and went out. I undressed easily. Climbed in the shower.
This is so relaxing. I could stay in here forever.

I went back into the bedroom and found my bed made up, clothes on my bed and Abby and Dean gone.