7 - The "It's not a date," Date

Kelly's P.O.V.

"He thought you had kissed John,'' I hear Lilly laugh from the other side of the line.

"I believe I just said that," I roll my eyes.

"If Liam only knew how much you want to kiss him," she says, teasing me.

"I do not!" I deny.

"Don't worry, I bet he wants to kiss you too,"

"Lilly, when are you going to stop with all this nonsense?" I ask, already irritated.

"When you stop denying it,"

"I got to get back to work, we'll talk later," After she says her goodbye I hang up and go back to work.

I look at the clock and realize we have a meeting in 10 minutes. I stand up and grab a notepad and a pencil to take notes.

I head over to Liam's office and knock on the door. Not making that mistake again.

"Come in," I turn on the doorknob and go inside the office.

"We have a meeting in less than ten minutes, sir,"

"Sir? Since when do you call me that," he stands up from his desk and grabs a few things.

"Thought it would be nice to hear it for the first time," I smirk.

"Doesn't sound so good," he shrugs.

"You bet," I say and laugh a little.

"What's the meeting about, anyway?" Liam asks once we're walking towards the conference room.

"A new hotel in Japan, remember? Your father talked about this for weeks,"

"I've lived with my father for 20 years and I've worked with him for 8, I've learned ways to tune him out. I have you to tell me what's going on," he nudges me with his elbow and smirks at me.

"Teach me some, he's always on my tail,"

"He wants to make sure I do my work, don't get me wrong, I always do but he doesn't trust me,"

"Then he should be on your tail,"

I've worked here for over two months, not an easy job but I could have it worse. I like it here, I've made new friends.

"No, thanks," We finally reach the conference room and take our seats. I do what I always do in meetings, take notes and watch that Liam doesn't fall asleep.

Notes:

Asian guy with the red suit - wants to sell the land at a higher price (dork).

Asian guy with the black suit - is okay with the price (smart).

You - try to fall asleep.

Me - doesn't let u fall asleep by kicking u in the leg.

You - whines and everyone looks.

You - apologizes.

Me - silently laughs.

Asian guys - keeps talking and discussing the price.

You - say the price stays where it's at or else there won't be a deal.

Your father - shakes his head at you (buhhhhh!).

Asian guys - agree with you. (You go Liam!).

End of notes.

After the meeting is done, Liam and I walk to the elevator side by side. Once we're inside he asks me for my notes.