15 - Oklahoma

Kelly's P.O.V.

I kept staring at Jesse for a while, still trying to comprehend what he had just said to me. Dad couldn't be dead, he was one of the strongest and healthiest person you could ever meet.

He just could not be dead.

"Kelly?" I hear Jesse ask.

"How?"

"Ever since you left, he became weak. He started to not take some of his medicines, this was his second heart attack and he just didn't make it," he sighs.

"So I'm responsible for his death now?" I scoff and shake the tears away. I'm not going to cry for him, I keep repeating inside my head.

"Kelly, I know dad was harsh on you, but it was because he loved you so much he couldn't see you fail," his words are full of sympathy and honesty that I almost believe him.

"No child should be treated like that by their parents,"

"They love us, they just have a fucked up way of showing it," he chuckles.

"What do you want me to do? I can't do anything about his death," I still didn't understand why Jesse would tell me this.

"You should forgive dad, take a trip to Oklahoma and go see mom, I'll even go with you,"

"No!" The reason why I chose a school in New York was to get away from that town, I swore I would never go back.

"Mom needs us," he says and I look away from him and concentrate my eyes on the cup of coffee.

My mom never stood up for herself, always stood by my father's side. It's the way she was raised, never question your husband and do what he says. Even when it came to her kids and when she knew my father was wrong, she never stood up for us or for herself.

"I can't go back, Jesse. I've made my life here, it will bring to many painful memories." I shake my head.

"Just think about it, okay?" He takes my palm and kisses it.

"Okay," I nod and he stands up to leave.

"Give me a call, I'm going back to Oklahoma in three days and you could come with me, I hope that's enough time to decide,"

After Jesse leaves and pays for out coffee I decide to go pay a visit to Lilly.

I drive to her house and no later than twenty minutes I'm knocking on the door.

"Hey, Kelly. How are you?" Max politely asks when he opens the door.

"I'm great," I lie.

"Well, come on in. Lilly is the living room," I step into the house and I immediately see Lilly playing with little Adam and rubbing her belly.

Max excuses himself and retreats to his office.

"Hey, lil," I greet her.

"Hey, Kel!" She smiles at me and stops rubbing her belly.

I kiss Adam on the cheek and go sit with Lilly.

"What's new?" She asks me.

"A lot," I sigh.

"Tell me!" She says, excitedly.

"Well, for starters, Liam and I kissed... And we confessed that we like each other,"

"Oh, my god," she says loudly, causing Adam to give us a curious glance.

"I know but I don't if we should take it to the next level,"