27 - Last One

Liam's P.O.V.
2 years later...

"I'm here!" I say, bursting into the hospital room.

"Couldn't you have been here sooner?" Kelly screams at me from the bed, gripping the sheets tighter.

"I think I'm going to step out now that he's here," I turn to notice Lilly for the first time, she's standing up from the chair next to Kelly. "Good luck, she's unbearable," she whispers to me and then disappears out the door.

"I'm sorry, baby. There was a lot of traffic on the way here,"

I was in my office when Max called me to tell me Kelly was going into labor. I had sprinted out of the room as fast as I could. Unfortunately, I couldn't stop the traffic that was waiting for me.

"How far long are the contractions from each other?" I ask, sitting down in the chair Lilly was previously sitting on.

I notice she's sweating a lot, her face is red, and her hair is all a mess. I don't tell her that, of course, because I know she will have my head on a silver platter if I do.

"2 minutes. I mean, this afternoon I was playing with Mia and Cole and the next thing I know I'm winning in Guitar Hero - against Cole and he never loses so I was pretty happy at that moment - and then next think I know, there's liquid running down my legs. This might be my second kid but it's like it's all new to me." She inhales and exhales. I squeeze her hand and I cough pretending to hide my laugh.

"It's going to be okay." I say trying go console her. I'm pretty much freaking out here too but I'm not the one pushing a baby out of me so I just rub her arm and say words of encouragement when she has contractions.

Looking at her I start to remember the day she told me she was pregnant, which was definitely the best day of my life for many reasons.

It was our wedding day, the biggest day of all - apart from this one - and everyone was gathered at the local church. I still remember saying yes with no hesitation and hearing her say yes too was music to my ears.

Everyone we loved was there, which consisted of only family and few close friends. In the reception Kelly stands up and tells everyone to please listen. She says she's got a gift for me and I felt a little embarrassed because I didn't know we were supposed to give presents to each other - I obviously hadn't gotten her one.

She handed me a big box and I was immediately intrigued by it like everyone else in the room who were watching with wide eyes. I opened the package only to find a slightly smaller box than the first one and when I opened that one there was another box, smaller than the last one. After opening another four boxes which I started to open really fast because I really wanted to see what Lilly got me, I found a small rectangular one and I somehow knew that was the gift because there wasn't any way you could fit a smaller box in that.

I opened it and found a pregnancy test with two lines that indicated the test came out positive. I remember dropping the little test, grabbing Kelly but the waist and kissing her while the other people were cheering and clapping.

In the honeymoon - we went to Italy because Kelly had always wanted to go there - the baby was all we could talk about and we when we came back we immediately started buying stuff for the baby, only white and yellow stuff because we didn't know the sex - we still don't, we wanted it to be a surprise.

Cole was really happy. We had been worried for Cole because we didn't know if he would like a sibling but he turned out to be more excited than Kelly and I. Even if Cole's dad is present in his life and he's not my son, I've gotten to the point where I do consider him my son because we spend so much time together and we both love Kelly. He calls me dad number 2 sometimes.