10 - B.F.F.

Kelly's P.O.V.

"When you see that man again run, Cole," I release Cole's shoulders and lay down in the sofa.

"Why?" he asks and I quickly make up a lie.

"He's a stranger, Cole, you never talk to a stranger," the last part was not a lie. Cole nods.

"We should go to Lilly's," he comes sit down and I sit up so we sit next to each other.

"Why the sudden interest in going to Lilly's?" I ask.

"My cheerleader might be there, mom,"

"Great, I'll finally get to meet her,"

"Ew," he grimaces and I smack his head.

"Go take a shower, Cole," he disappears in his bathroom and I go to mine to get ready. Once I'm in my room I call Lilly.

"Lilly Hart speaking,"

"Hey, Lil,"

"Oh, hey, Kelly, how's it been?" she asks from the other end of the line.

"It's been way too long since we talked and I just have so much to tell you,"

"Oh, my god, what is it?" she screams.

"Bad news, and I can't talk about it over the phone,"

"How about you come here today? We're staying home today and I can make my husband take the kids to the park,"

"Yeah, that'll be great, especially since I was planning on that too,"

"Okay --- no Adam, don't hit Mia," I hear Lilly scream, not to me this time.

"I'll see you later, Lil," I say.

"Okay!" she says and I hang up.

30 minutes later Cole and I are heading down to the parking lot.

"Cole, don't run!" I yell to Cole but it's too late, he's already heading running towards our car.

"Kelly," I feel my arm bring grabbed and I turn my head to see Gordon.

"What do you want? What are you doing here?" I hiss at him, grabbing my arm from his hold and looking back towards Cole. I walk us behind a wall, where I'm sure Cole can't see us.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm back for good, and I want to see my son," he slowly tells me.

"No, you won't, you are not part of our lives anymore. You should have never approached Cole today," I shake my head rapidly.

"Cole could get worried, you need to go back. We'll talk later but know that I won't give up this time," I glare at him but turn around and head back towards Cole.

This cannot be happening.

"Where have you been? I've been waiting for you," Cole asks once I reach the car and open the doors.

"I just saw an old neighbor and she asked me how I was," I quickly lie. I hate lying to Cole, there has never been any secrets between me and him, and I just deeply hate when I lie to him.

I start the car and start driving towards Lilly's house.

Once we get to Lilly's house we knock on the door.

"Kelly! Cole! Welcome," Kelly says after opening the door for us. Cole goes in and offers his hand to Lilly, which she accepts and shakes and then she pulls me into a hug.

"You have to tell me everything," she pulls me into the house and I see Max playing with Liam on his lap. Mia is playing on her own little kitchen with two of her friends. One of them most be Lisa, Cole's cheerleader.