20 - Back Home

Kelly's P.O.V.

"Ready?" I ask mom.

"Yes, I'll meet you guys outside in a minute," Mom says. I take a look around the house and nod, saying goodbye for a while.

I grab my bag and head out the door. I walk towards Liam, who's putting the bags inside the cab.

"Let me take that," he says and takes my bag off my shoulders.

"Thanks."

"Ready to go?"

"Just said that I have to go back to that boring job," I sigh. Liam gives me a sharp look and I smirk at him.

"Nice to say that in front of your boss,"

I snort. "Right. I'm going to go call Lilly now," I walk away from Liam and take out my phone and dial Lilly.

"Hello," I hear Lilly say.

"It's me," I dramatically sing to Adele's song.

The opportunity was there and I took it.

"Good think you're not a singer, my ears are bleeding!"

"You're too old to joke, Lilly,"

"What! I'm one twenty seven! You're one year older than me!"

"Deal with it,"

"How's it been?"

"You were right, coming here did give me closure."

"That's great," I can feel her smiling through the phone.

"I actually convinced my mom to come live with me in New York,"

"I can't wait to meet her,"

"How are you guys doing over there?" I ask her.

"We're good, we are at the park right now. I'm getting huge, I'm almost six months and I really can't wait to pop these two out," I laugh out loud.

"You don't know what's coming to you with the twins,"

"I'm not ready for that,"

I look back to check on the guys and see Liam waving his hand at me indicating we have to leave.

"You already are. I have to go, call you when I've settled down again at the apartment,"

"See you!" The line goes dead so I put my phone back into my pocket and walk back to the guys.

I see mom is already out of the house and is now inside the cab Liam rented with Jordan, Jesse, and Cole. Liam had to rent a much bigger car than a taxi cab because we wouldn't fit in there. Too bad Jesse and Jordan will head to Colorado from the airport and not to New York. That's where they usually love and work so that's where they need to be.

I open the passenger door and climb in. Everyone is already buckled in and soon we were off.

During the entire car ride we kept bombarding Jordan with questions about his life. I learned that he's the same age as Jesse, twenty eight, he's an engineer and he has a good background with a stable family. I silently applaud my brother for choosing a good guy.

I was surprised with mom being okay with the fact that Jesse was gay. She was a religious woman and they don't usually approve this situation. I'm fine with my brother being gay, as long as he was happy that's all I cared about.

I cornered mom this morning and asked her if she was okay with Jesse and Jordan being married and all, she told me the only thing she cared about was my brother being happy and if that's what it takes then she was okay with the idea.