16 - Fathers

Liam's P.O.V.

"Kelly!" I say, a little loud to wake her up. I see her stirring a little and opening her eyes a few times and groaning. Great, my mind.

"Are we there yet?" she mumbles and closes her eyes again.

"Yes, five minutes," I say and she turns her body to so she's facing me.

"Do you think I'm ready to see my mother?" she asks me, opening her eyes again and yawning.

"I think that if you weren't ready you wouldn't have come." I say, honestly.

Kelly is brave and a fighter, and my crush on her isn't clouding my judgment, everyone can see she's a great person. She thought I should know everything a Gordon and so after she took a small nap in the plane she woke up and tells me everything. Afterwards, I did felt like killing Gordon with my old Luger and then feed him to the dogs.

But I realized that would get me nowhere but jail and losing Kelly and Cole entirely and that's the last thing I wanted. So instead, I gave her words of encouragement and told her sooner or later Gordon will have to leave.

I can see the plane reaching Oklahoma and soon we're all getting our baggage. My phone rings and I excuse myself to go to a private place to answer it.

"Liam Matthews speaking,"

"Hello son," I hear my father greet me.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine, you know the old man. I heard you took a few days off to go to Oklahoma with Kelly,"

"I did."

Ever since I was little, my dad and I never really had a father-son relationship, he was in a meeting when I gave my first step; he was in Spain when I scored my first homerun in baseball; he was in Japan for my graduation. I always keep our conversations short, I care about my father, I love him in my own way, but I sometimes felt he doesn't feel the same way. He just wants an heir.

"When are you coming back?"

"A couple days,"

"Well, then I'm honored to tell you that in a couple of days you'll be marrying Mona Titan,"

"What!" I loudly say and some people from the airport look my way.

"You cannot do this to me father," I say, angrily.

"You know I need you to marry, the Spain investors are refusing to sign our deal because the CEO is a bachelor who hasn't even settled in life," he hisses.

"Then don't make the deal,"

"I would not let a billion dollars go to waste. You have to marry Mona."

"We'll talk when I get back, dad." I hang up and take a deep breath. I have to be able to put this problem behind while I'm here, Kelly is going through worse and I want to be there for her.

I go back to Kelly and Cole and help them with their stuff.

Jesse calls for a cab and we all go outside to wait for it. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait too long before the cab came.

"You think we could go to the cemetery before visiting mom?" Kelly asks Jesse.

"If you want to," Kelly nods and Jesse tells the driver to head to the cemetery.

"You sure you want to go to the cemetery?" I ask her.

She gives me a small smile and nods. "Better earlier than later, right?"

We reach the cemetery and Kelly decides that for now she wants to go alone.

"I don't think I've ever seen my mom so... sad," Cole says and frowns.

"She'll be fine, she's a strong woman," Jesse says and I agree with him.

I look back to Kelly and see she's on her knees in front of her father's grave, I could see her mouth moving. She looks back at us and I notice her eyes are red and watery. She makes eye contact with me and I immediately know what she wants.

"I'll be back," I say and then go out the car and walk towards Kelly. The grave is not far from the car and in less than a minute I'm on my knees next to her.

"Dad, this is my friend and boss, Liam Matthews. Liam this is my father, Will Stone." A tear escapes her eyes a wipe it off with my thumb.

"Nice to meet you, your daughter is an amazing person." Kelly laughs a little and smiles at me.

"I just now realize how much I miss, Liam. We might have not have the perfect relationship but I do love him, I do," I gather her in my arms and I feel her crying against me.

"I was talking to him. I told him that I've forgiven him for what he did and I hope that he forgives me too. I was so stupid for not coming back," she says between sobs and shakes her head, I realize how much I take my father for granted. Our relationship might not be the best one and though he wasn't there for some of my biggest moments, I know that deep deep down in him he cares for me.

"Can you call Cole and Jesse for me?" she asks me, tears running down her cheeks.

I kiss her forehead and nod.

Once I reach the car I stay there in the car with the driver – whose playing candy crush in his phone - deciding to give Kelly and her family some private time.

My mind drifts off to my dad and how I'm supposed to marry Mona.

I've known Mona for a while now. Her parents are friends with my parents and we'll always see each other in parties between our families. She's a very beautiful woman, and in fact, one of the nicest persons I've ever known.

I'm sure everyone will approve of us.

I know that she's liked me for a while, too. She will always give me flirty glances or try to spend too much time and though I've given her hints that I want nothing to do with her she keeps trying.

I'm pretty sure my dad told her dad about our situation and her father told her, she jumped at the opportunity and offered to marry me.

I'm not one to settle down, I have a woman in my bed every week.

Not anymore.

Well that's true. It's been over a month since I've gotten laid and I'm getting a little frustrated. I'd like to think it is because I've been too busy with work but in reality I know it's because of Kelly.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a door opening and I see everyone getting back into the car.

"Feel more relieved?" I ask Kelly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Definitely better than yesterday," she says and rests her head on my shoulder.