22 - For The Better

Kelly's P.O.V.

Today is the day.

Liam is marrying Mona.

Today.

And I feel miserable.

Because I love Liam.

Don't ask how or why.

Because I don't know.

"Ready?" Cole asks me.

I turn to look at the mirror one last time and nod.

My purple dress - as required in the invite, all women must wear a purple dress and men a black suit - fitted me well, it's not the color I would usually go for but I will have to do. My hair is in a tight ponytail and my black six inch heels I'm wearing now will leave me dead by the end of the day. Also, my two pounds of makeup splattered in my face.

"Yeah," I sigh and grab my purse from the bed.

"You have everything?" I ask Cole.

"I have the keys if that's what you're asking,"

"You look really handsome, Cole," I tell him once we're in the car.

He does, this is probably the first time Cole has been in a suit in four years, and actually doesn't have his hair messy. I told him he needed a new hairstyle so this time he has it to the side.

Cole snorts. "Mom, you look pretty, no need to say that I'm handsome a thousand times to get me to say you look pretty," he says and I smack him in the back of the head.

"Mom!" he says loudly and this time I snort.

We arrive to the church shortly after and I can see there is a lot of people there already.

Like a lot of people.

I wonder how many people Mona invited. I bet Liam doesn't know half of them. The church is very pretty. And huge. Leave it up to Mona to find one of the best churches in New York.

Cole and I go out the car and head towards the entrance of the church where everyone was waiting for the doors to open.

"Kelly!" I turn my head towards my name being called and I see Lilly waving her hand at me from the other side of the church.

"Let's go," I grab Cole's hand and drag us towards where Lilly and her family is.

"Hey, Kel," Lilly says and hugs me with her seven months pregnant belly.

"How are you?" I ask her and place my hand on her belly.

"I am ready to pop!"

"Don't be crazy, Lil, you have two months to go,"

"Maybe," she shrugs. "Twins can come ahead of time,"

"Don't hope," I chuckle and look at Mia who's with Adam at her side.

"Hey, Mia and Adam," I make a funny face and they both laughs and throw their arms around me.

"Hi! I missed you!"

"Miss you more," Adam shouts.

"I missed you too," I say and kiss the top of their heads.

"I didn't," I hear Cole mutters.

"How are you?" Max asks me and rubs his hand over my arm.

"I'm fine," I say slowly and raise my eyebrows at him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am fine," I can see he's talking about Liam marrying Mona but I don't want to touch that topic with him. Max and I aren't close and though I know he's a great man, Max and I aren't exactly friends, we're acquaintances.