Chapter One

My mom has just gotten married. Her husband and his kids are moving in today. I have never even met his kids. They got married at the court house. I wonder if it will be like on tv when the kids meet the other kids for the first time. We are waiting outside and I'm getting tired of it. I'm about to go back inside when my new step family drive up.

Rob gets out of his truck and kisses my mom. She kisses him back. A tall teenage boy gets out of the truck. He has brown short hair. He has a tan and blue eyes.

He opens the back door. Another boy gets out but he is really young. He can't be any older then three. He has light brown hair and blue eyes. The fact that he is so young tells me that it hasn't been long since Rob's divorce.

The next person who gets out of the truck is a female. She is sexy. She has a nice tan, black hair, and green eyes. She is in her teens. My adopted sister and I look at each other and think the same thing. We both want her. If she is apart of our team then my adopted sister would get her.

My adopted sister has blond hair and green eyes. Everyone thinks she is so sexy. She isn't my type though. I can't see her as sexy because it is to weird. She has been my sister since we were really young. She came into my life when I was two. She came from drug parents. My mom and dad adopted her when she was just a week old.

My parents got a divorce six years ago. I still go and stay with my dad the weekends and so does my adopted sister Madelyn. However my mom asked him if we could be here this weekend while Rob and his kids move in.

Rob has his kids come meet us before they unpack the truck. Rob says, " This is my son Josh, the little one is Nick, and my daughter name is Marissa. Kids this is Madelyn and Jade."

We all shake hands. They take turns giving my mom a hug. Of course she already knows them.

Mom says, " Girls help them get their stuff and show them to their rooms."

We do as she ask. My house is a six bedroom three bath. We show Josh were Nick bedroom is first. It is next to our parents so that they can hear him at night. Those are the only two bedrooms that are downstairs.

We then go upstairs and show Josh were his room is. He pretty much has this half to his self other then in the morning time. There are three girls what does he expect.

We next show Marissa to her room. She is the first door when we get to our part of upstairs. Her room is right next to mine. I am in the middle between her and Madelyn.

After we show her to her room we go help unpack the rest of the truck. I am so happy when we are done.

I go to my room and Madelyn isn't fair behind. I lay on my bed while she sits on my love seat. We have the door closed. She says, " So how long do you think it will take before these old city slickers get tired of this place?"

" I don't know but they have no choice but to stay here."

" I know and sadly we can't even go to dad's house this weekend. I miss the lake house."

" I do too but we had to stay for mom."

" Yeah I know." We start watching tv. Not even half way into it my closet door opens. I look behind me. It is Marissa. I say, " Hey it ain't cool not to knock."

" I didn't know were it lead. Do we share a closet or something?"

" No it is just a secret passageway. You couldn't possible have that much close where you would have to use two closets and all of the secret passageway."

" No I was just wondering."

" Oh ok."

" It's cool though that it is like that."