Chapter 9:

The next morning Travis calls me. He says, " Hey bitch why aren't you at the lake?"

" My girl needs me here with her."

" Oh is that code for she found out and if you want to stay with her you got to stay close? Does she have you on a short leash?"

" Dude at least I'm getting some. Yes that means that I am still getting some from my one and only."

" Danm you got her whipped. I'm glad that you didn't lose her."

" Yeah me too because I truly do love her."

" I know you do. Tell her I said hey. It isn't the same with just the bitch named Madelyn out here. Hope to see you soon love."

" I will tell her. I know it isn't the same. Love you babe."

We hang up.

An hour passes and I'm board. I text Travis saying, " I'm board. I can't come out there so you should find a ride over here."

" I got a car so I will be there in thirty."

" K see you then. Don't speed."

Thirty minutes later he shows up. He knocks on the door. I hear my mom open it. I then hear her say, " Travis you are my daughter's bestfriend you don't need to knock just walk in."

" Yes ma'am."

He runs up to my room. He gives me a hug and I hug him back. I pick a movie for us to watch. When it starts he smiles. It is the longest yard.

After the movie Marissa walks in. She gives Travis a hug and he hugs her back. He says, " What up chicky."

" Not much just came to chill with my girl and you."

" Well baby how about we cuddle and watch a movie. I can make some popcorn. Travis can lean against the bed or whatever you want to do Travis."

He nods. She agrees. I run and go make popcorn when it is done I put it into two bowls. One for Marissa and I and the other for Travis. I go back up and put in happy Gilmore.

Marrisa lays on me. Travis leans up against the wall on my bed. We eat the popcorn while watching the movie.

****

The next day Josh and Ryan want to hang out with me. We go out and throw the football around. Ryan starts running with the ball. I pick him up and hold him upside down. I run with him like that and he laughs. Josh comes over and I pass him over to Josh. Ryan smiles and laughs. He is the best little brother ever.

I go and make us something to drink and bring them back out. I made all of us poweraid. We sit down and drink. Ryan says, " Hey I know about Marissa and you. Don't hurt her ok because I like you."

I give him a knuckle sandwich and say, " Trust me bud I would never hurt her."

Ryan smiles at me. I smile back.

****

When Madelyn gets home she says, " Why da fuck weren't you at dad's house this weekend?"

" Because someone told Marissa about a bitch that didn't mean shit!"

" Well I wish I would have known that you was pussy whipped! I couldn't even find Travis to hang out with!"

" Oh he came and hung out qith Marissa and I."

" That's bull shit! You are so fucked in the head little sis!"

" Whatever." I walk away.