Chapter 7:

I am at my dad's house. Marissa isn't here this time. My mom had decided to keep her there this weekend saying that we shouldn't spend so much time together. My dad had agreed. He let me know real fast that the wekkends were for me to spend time with him. Marissa and I have been texting like crazy but it just isn't the same. It is so boring here without her.

I go to the lake. Madelyn walks up behind me. She says, " It's good for you to be away from the step sister."

' What the fuck would you know about it?"

" Well I know your not acting like yourself."

" What ever bitch."

I walk away.

****

That night I go to a party that a dude who thinks he is a hotshot of the lake is throwing. I know the party will be good. There will be a lot of different alcohols that will get my mind off of Marissa for the night.

When we get there Madelyn leaves my side. Travis walks up and says, " Hey boo. Where is your girl?"

" My mom and dad made me come without her."

" Oh that sucks."

" Yeah so tonight I'm gonna get smashed. I want her off my mind for the night."

" Well that will be hard since you love the chick."

I roll my eyes. I walk off and get a drink that had a shot of everything in it. I chug the bitch. I'm already feeling a buzz. I drink three more of them and I am gone.

****

The next morning I wake up on someone's boat. I feel an arm on me. I look at the naked girl next to me. I then look at myself and I am naked also. She wakes up and tries to kiss me. I stop her. She frowns and says, " One night stands are not cool."

" Your new around here so I will let you in on what goes on. First off I have a girlfriend and was smashed when I sleeped with you, and second that is all you will fine when you hook up at the lake partys. If you want something really then meet someone while not at the party."

I get up feeling like shit. I go and find Travis. When I catch up to him I say, " So what happened to you watching me laat night?"

" When I left I told you to come with me but you wouldn't. Why did something happened?"

" I had sex."

" Oh wow I'm so sorry."

I nod and start crying. Travis holds me close while I hug his neck. He wripes my tears away.

****

When I get home Sunday night I try to tell Marissa but we have to go to Josh's football game. If the team wins this one they will be in the playoffs.

Marissa, Madylen, and Josh ride with me. I drive us there. He gets out and foes practice. We find sears for our family. We like sitting by the field so we get the first row in the middle.

Soon the game is starting. My mom, step dad, and step brother have just got here. Josh makes a few touchdowns in the first half. At half time the score is 50 to 24. We are kicking ass.

During half time the marching band comes out. Next the cheerleaders are doing a cheer. They toss someone in the air to do a helicopter. They are suppose to catch her but she falls. She looks like she is in pain. The paramedics and the couchs run out. They check her out and shake there heads. She is taken away by the paramedics.

The game starts back up and at the end it is 100 to 48.

We kicked ass tonight. Everyone stands up and cheers. Everyone runs onto the field and left our guys up. We go crazy with cheering.

****

The next day Marissa walks up to me. She says, " So baby I'm going to become a cheerleader. I'm going to take the place of the girl that got hurt. I know you didn't want to go to the party last night but since I'm becoming a cheerleader we are going to have to go to the parties."

Madelyn walks up and says, " Hey have you told her how you cheated on her at the lake."

" What you cheated on me. That explains why you didn't want to go to the party with me. Ugh I can't believe you."

She runs off. I look at Madelyn with a look that would kill if looks could kill. She just shrugs.