Chapter 6

Lyn got home that evening wondering what to do. They had contacted every household that had family members on that plane about the crash, her home was contacted too, her mum would have been contacted. She hoped that her mother would come for her that she wouldn't leave her here alone. She lay on her bed with few tear drops falling from her eyes until she finally drifted off to sleep.

In Japan, Angela which was the name of Lyn's mother had already been contacted about her husband's death and she had no particular feeling about this, she called Rick immediately and told him about it. Rick was surprised and shocked at first but that wasn't his problem, his problem was Lyn.

"What about Lyn" he asked his mother

"What about her" she asked back

"You're obviously not going to leave her there on her own"

"I had no other plans"

Rick stared wide eyed at her in shock

"For heaven's sake she's your daughter and my sister"

"She's not my daughter" Angela screamed immediately

"What!"

"I was only being good by taking care of her but her mother abandoned her with me"

"I don't care about what you're saying. But she's my sister, we had just moved to DC before we came here she doesn't even have a friend yet and you want to leave her on her own. I knew you didn't love your kids but not to this extent, we're going back"

"I'm not going anywhere" she refused "Her real mother should find her"

"Who?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr Eric Basil came to Washington to take care of things after the crash from his airlines, he still had to keep things moving even if he knew stopping the airlines wouldn't remove a strand of hair from him he still needed to go, it was business after all.

He was in the office taking a look at the profiles of the passengers that died in the plane crash. He was going through then when he stumbled across Anthony Ted, in his profile he saw the man worked for his company.

"Ah! Tony Ted" he recalled. He was one of his directors and had transferred him to America, offered him a free house, enrolled his daughter in one of the school he had the largest shares in.

He felt bad for a moment and then just thought about it from a different angle. He died leaving a house behind a house that he had offered him. He could get it back if he didn't have family and use it for a mortgage instead. He called in his chief secretary who looked into things for him.

"Find about this man, his family and everything"

"I already did sir, I looked into personal lives of people who died in the crash. Especially this man because he worked for Basil group" the man said

"Ok then, go on"

"He divorced his wife who moved recently to Japan with her son"

"Oh ok. So I can have a right to his house. I planned on using it for mortgage for a loan I'm about to take"

"I'm afraid you can't do that sir" the man said

"Why not?"

"He has a daughter behind"

"She didn't move with her mother"

"I'm afraid not"the Secretary said "Probably according to divorce settlement"

"Then send her to an orphanage or something" Eric said a bit angered

"She's over 15 years and pretty well take care of herself and besides that'll be too unfair"