Chapter 24

"Stupid jerk!" Lyn muttered under her breath as Neal walked away.

"Did you hear anything we were talking about"

"Nope " she lied "Did I miss out on anything"

"Not necessarily" Ian said then he took her hand in his "Come on, you wouldn't wanna miss dinner"

After dinner that evening, all students gathered round in a circle for games, storytelling and just having fun.

Toni and Lyn sat together with Ian and Chuck either side of them, though Neal sat with them he seemed to be very distant because he looked uninterested. Sometimes Lyn stole glances at him and was really worried about what was going on with him. He seemed so angry and out of place. Everyone was laughing and having fun but Neal looked the opposite.

"Hey Neal" Chuck tapped him "What's up with you? Are you sick or something" he put his hands on his shoulder

"Just move and stop being a bother" Neal pushed his hands away, then he stood up angrily and walked away.

"What's wrong with him?" Chuck asked

"Just going through late puberty.....not like he's a girl that has a period" Ian teased

Chuck looked worriedly at Neal as he walked away. He was really worried about Neal because he had not been himself for a while now. He had always been worried about Neal because of his pride but recently Neal had been becoming soft which was even worse than him being proud and obnoxious.

"I'll be right back" he said to the rest people then he stood up and walked towards the direction Neal went, he saw Neal sitting outside the tent facing the forest. He went immediately and sat beside Neal. Chuck didn't say anything for a while, but then later sat nudged Neal by his side.

"You're becoming prettier this days. What's the secret"

Neal turned and stared at him in surprise

"Are you drunk?"

"Maybe" Chuck said

"Go sober up somewhere else. I'm not in the mood"

"Hey that's not fair. I came all the way here because I was worried about you"

"I'm fine" Neal told him

"We're best friends Neal. We can talk about anything right. So tell me what's happening. Is it that girl Lyn?"

Just then Neal's mood changed, it was like he was about to cry but he held it in and just nodded.

"I like her CC, I tried to stop it but I couldn't I just fell for her like a fool" he said with tears in his eyes

"But Ian likes her too. I don't want to choose a girl over NY best friend that's why I'm letting her go. I thought it'll be play but it's not. I'm always the one who makes her fall but Ian is always there to help her up. I don't know what's happening to me but I'm not myself anymore"

"Neal" Chuck called slowly "I have never seen you cry but I never imagined you'll cry over a girl. You really changed a lot buddy"

"But suck it up Neal. You can't keep on crying like a girl. There are so many other pretty girls, if you can't like another girl then just become gay"

"Are you crazy? Should I steal Toni from you instead Punk!"

Chuck laughed and Neal smiled

"You see it doesn't hurt to smile even if it's not real"

"You can go back now. You're boring" Neal smiled a bit feeling a lot better......

Hey guys

Sorry for late update I'm done with exams now so I'll update often.

Sorry for short update hope you enjoyed it though