Chapter 25

Later that night, after everyone had gone to their tent. Lyn found it difficult to sleep so she came outside to sit for a while. The words she heard Neal say kept replaying in her head. She didn't want to believe that that was what Neal thought about her, she wanted to believe that he was joking, that somewhere deep down in him he liked her somehow.

"What are you still doing outside" she heard someone say, she turned back startled and saw Neal just standing behind her and she froze immediately.

"It's late. You're supposed to be sleeping"

"I couldn't" she said plainly. Just then it became awkwardly silent. Lyn had a lot of things in her mind to ask Neal but she didn't know how to without sounding awkward, she was being so nervous with Neal around her and couldn't stop her hands from shaking. On the other hand Neal knew Lyn would want to ask him so many things but he didn't want her to because he wouldn't or rather couldn't say the truth. He would have to hurt her feelings by lying to her. But somehow he would still have to do it that way he might stop liking her.

"Ask" Neal said simply avoiding any eye contact with her that would make him flinch.

Lyn took a deep breath wondering what to ask him first, after a while she asked.

"Why did you send me out of the house"

"You can come back" he replied her with no bit of emotion just the normal Neal being a jerk.

Lyn eyed him suspiciously then faced forward contemplating on how to ask the next question.

"Did you mean everything you said. Everything you told Ian in the woods today did you mean it"

Neal flinched at her question, he turned to face but couldn't look at her eyes. He didn't want to say what he was about to say because it was a lie but somehow he just said because he thought this could help him to stop liking her.

"Yes" he said quietly but sternly "I meant all of it"

Lyn gasped as she felt tears sting her eyes but she didn't want to cry at least not in front of him. She remembered when he kissed her, wondering why she kissed her if this was what he thought about her. She was damn wrong thinking Neal wasn't that bad but he was worse than a jerk playing with her feelings.

"You bastard!' she muttered "Why the hell did you kiss me then. Are you playing with me or what?"

"Ah! Kiss" Neal said feeling a bit guilty that he was saying things he didn't mean "It was nothing so forget about it. If you take little things like that seriously then it's gonna be hard if we are still going to live together"

Lyn felt the tears again hearing everything Neal was saying to her. How could she have fallen for him, it was all her fault expecting that he liked her back. She still wore the chain he gave her, she had to urge to return it but changed her mind because having this with her was like having part of the good Neal with her and she didn't wanna lose it.

Just then Neal stood up immediately pulling the jacket he wore and putting it around Lyn

"It's cold" he told her smirking a bit.

"What's wrong with him? Lyn thought. This moment he's being a stupid jerk and the next moment he's acting caring and sweet. Was he playing with her again? And she was fed up with this crap. She stood up immediately pulling the jacket off, she threw it at him, she walked towards where he stood and threw him a punch.

"What am I? Your puppet" she yelled at him kicking his leg with her foot making Neal to yelp in pain.

"I don't your jacket or anything from you, stupid bastard!" with that she walked angrily away.