Chapter 33

"Is this the girl?" Ian asked his mum to be sure Lyn had not changed her mind and decided to come after all.

"Yes pumpkin, meet your sister Lyn"

Ian could feel his heart wreck into a million pieces, how could the girl he liked be his half sister. It was totally ridiculous. He couldn't stop looking at her trying to piece things together, he stared at Lyn who had that same shocked expression, she was looking at him with the it-can't-be face and Eleanor stared at them with a confused expression on her face.

"Ian...." Lyn managed to say

"Ok ok ok" Eleanor said raising her hands. "Do you guys know each other before"

Ian was too shocked, angry, hurt to say anything. What was he going to say anyways. He was angry with his mother now for having another child. He could swear that he loved Lyn with his life, but maybe all the love was just a brotherly affection, out of all his over protection and care he had for her since he knew her. Maybe that was why they were so similar in a lot of ways. Maybe they weren't meant to be at all and just thinking about it made him more angry. He just ran out of the house, ignoring his mother. He angrily got into his car and drove off, where he was going he had no idea.

"Do you guys know each other?" Eleanor asked Lyn who was still trying to recover from the shock she just experienced. What's up with people surprising her this days.

"He's my friend" Lyn said smoothing her hair and finding a seat

"Well that's good then, you guys will get along a lot more"

"He's not just a friend, he liked me" and then Eleanor got the gist of the earlier almost-to-happen drama. She was the girl Ian was talking about, the girl her son was extremely excited about. Now she had a guilty feeling, she wanted to talk to him but had no idea where he had run off to. She gave Lyn a scared look

"This isn't good, we have to find him. You have any idea where he might have gone to?"

Lyn thought for a moment then brought out her cellphone

"I'll call Neal" with that she dialed Neal's number and he picked on second ring.

"I know this might sound crazy but Ian's my half brother and he ran off after finding out"

"Woah! That's crazy" Neal said slightly amused "So what's my part in this?"

"You need to help me find Ian, he just ran off immediately and I have no idea where he might have gone to"

"You have to chill, the dude's not a kif anymore. If he's not back by evening I know where to find him. Just relax and have fun with your mum"

"Wait! How did you know I was with her"

"Duhh!! You told me pizza. Gotta go I'm busy" he concluded and hung up.

Lyn gave Eleanor an assuring look and sat down.

"He'll be back by evening"

Eleanor sighed in relief and sat beside Lyn, she still had the look of worry in her eyes and asked

"Did you like him too?"

"Not in that type of way, he's always been overprotective over me"

"I'm sorry, this is all my fault. I feel so sorry for Ian"

"Don't worry, he'll get over it he's no longer a kid" Lyn assured Eleanor

It was evening and Ian found himself in a club getting drunk with a lot of girls around and arguing who was going home with him.
He went home immediately after the whole incident and was still trying to get things in his head. He was frustrated and angry. He didn't particular know who he was angry at, but he felt hurt. It was already night when he decided to go a club, his father's club to be precise. He was getting drunk with a lot of hussy bimbos around him. He didn't particular give a shit about them it was normal for them to flirt with him when he was at the club.

It wasn't long before Neal arrived the club, he knew Ian would be here. This was Ian's solace when he was angry, he was quite a weird guy.
One glare from Neal sent all the girls scampering away before Neal spoke

"What do you think you're doing?"

"What does it look like?" Ian spoke back

"Why are you acting like this because of a girl?"

"She's not just any girl. I freaking loved her, but she's my half sister"

"Duhh!!! Who cares" Neal said rolling his eyes "We've not been best of friends lately so get your drunk butt up and lets go home"

"I don't wanna go" Ian refused

"Quit saying shit! Lyn's not the only girl. Don't worry after this we'll go girlfriend hunting"

"What if she ends up being a sister from my dad or something"

"Then dude, you have a problem. I'll advice you to date men. Now stand up and let's go" Neal said helping Ian up and out of the club. They both went to Ian's house and Neal have Ian a cup of coffee to sober up.

"You wanna play a game" Neal said jumping beside Ian

"I'm not in the mood"

"You're such a bore" Neal pouted adjusting himself properly

"Ok fine. What game?" Ian asked not sounding the least bit interested.

"Remember that game we played in Junior year. When we drank a big of bottle of fruit juice, last person to finish his does all the dares"

"Woah!" Ian screamed getting excited "That was crazy, you and Chuck were crazy. You guys told me to act like a beggar in a mall"

"Hey don't go there, you guys told me to act as a traffic warden" Neal face palmed

"What of Chuck? We told him to dress like a slut. I freaking miss Junior year" Ian sighed with a big grin while stood up to go get the drinks.

"Okay let's start" Neal gave one bottle to Ian and sat down with his. On the count of three both boys began to gobble the drinks down their throat and just then Ian finished his some seconds and before Neal.

"I won" he screamed dropping the plastic bottle on the table there.

"Whatever!" Neal rolled his eyes "What do you want me to do?"

"We're all grown up now, so no stupid dares. I just want something simple"

Neal stayed quiet waiting for Ian to say what Neal to say what he wanted to say.

"Can you let Lyn live with her mother"

Neal didn't know why but he didn't feel good about what Ian just said. This was exactly what he had been scared about. Lyn leaving him. He had only her now and when she leaves he was going to be alone. But somehow he has to let her go. She had a family now, a family she longed to have. It would only be selfish of him not to let her go.

"I know you like her Neal,buy you're too conceited to admit it and you cover it up by being rude and annoying, but until you stop acting proud af! You won't have her"

"Shut up stupid!" Neal glared at Ian "I'm working on it, I'm not used to confessing to girls"

"I can help you"

"We'll talk about that later. I gotta go, Lyn should've reached home by now" Neal stood up and was about leaving when he stopped and turned back and said

"Thanks"

Ian gave him a questioning look

"For being her brother" he replied with a smirk and Ian gave him a joke glare and they both smiled at each other and Neal left