Chapter 13

Infinite’s L

The next school day Neal decided to flirt with other girls. He was in the parking lot with Ian when Lyn arrived school. Immediately he saw her he started to have his usual strange feeling he fought the urge to go and meet her remembering he was supposed to be flirting with other girls. He looked over the sidewalk and saw Nikki his childhood friend but because of his unwelcoming and obnoxious personality he stopped talking to most of his friends and ignored them when they greeted him.

"Hey Nikki" he called smiling a bit and Ian stared at him strangely

"Since when did you start greeting girls first"

"Just now" Neal smirked and walked over to meet her

"Hey Nikki! Long time no see"

"Neal?" She looked at him confused "Am I in trouble or something?"

"No I missed you" he smiled and casually threw his hands on her shoulder walking away with her.

Lyn saw him talking and laughing with Nikki but she didn't know why she felt the way she did

"Why do I feel like this?" She placed a hand on her chest " Why do I feel......jealous?"
She said the words slowly and then parted her lips

"I can't be falling for him. I don't possibly like him do I? Then why should I feeling like this when he's with other girls." She said to herself staring in the direction Neal had left with that girl and then she turned and left.

Later in the day she had music class. Then she realized that she was in the same music class with Neal. She didn't want go because seeing him was going to shake her feelings a lot more. Somehow she found entering the class she couldn't miss it anyways it was the class she enjoyed most. She saw Neal sitting at the back with his headphones on and his eyes were closed, he didn't have his jacket just his shirt and a tie hanging loosely around his neck. She felt her heart beating again and she placed her hand on her chest.

"Why does my heart have to keep doing this every time I see him" she was about to go seat next to him when she saw Nikki plunge on the seat making Neal to open his eyes.

" Hi Neal" she cooed. Neal raised a brow and looked up then he saw Lyn looking at him. She was about to turn when he called her

"Hey pizza!"

Then she stopped and turned back "Did he just call me pizza?" She asked herself

"Come sit here" he pointed the chair at his front smiling a bit

"Oh okay" she muttered and walked slowly to the seat

"Why are you calling her that" Nikki asked whipping her blonde streaked her in a kind of seductive manner

"Because she loves pizza" Neal wanted to say but stopped and shrugged instead

Lyn felt uncomfortable because she could feel Neal's eyes on her but she couldn't turn back to see if he was actually looking.

But really Neal was actually staring at her and thinking about her too. He stared at her to the extent that he thought she was the one sitting next to him instead of Nikki and he was grinning widely too.

He heard Nikki ask but thought it was Lyn talking

"Remember that time I visited you once and we ate together. You wiped out something from my lips but it seems you were acting weird"

"Yea I do" Neal smiled "I badly wanted to kiss you"
Nikki covered her mouth in a form of excitement but Lyn froze when she heard it. She could feel the heat rising in her body, why did she have to hear Neal's feelings for another girl when she knew she was probably falling for him. Why did Neal have to say it in front of her she was close to tears but was determined not to cry

"Really?" Nikki grinned widely "Do you like me now"

"Yea I think I've fallen for you. It's quite hard to believe"

Just then a tear escaped her eyes and she couldn't take it anymore she didn't want to hear it anymore. She stood and left the class in a half run not noticing her necklace fell.
When Neal saw her leave he realised that he hasn't been talking to her, he looked beside him and saw Nikki

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a scowl on his face. He didn't even wait for her to answer when he stood up and kicked her chair with his foot.

"Move"

Neal was scared of Lyn getting the wrong idea of everything he said which were actually the things he wanted to say to her but somehow he was quite relieved that he didn't tell her personally. He really couldn't imagine himself telling Lyn he liked her.

He was about to leave the class when he saw a shiny substance on the floor. He picked it up and recognized it to be the necklace Lyn usually wore.
"She must have dropped it. I'll use it as an excuse to look for her"

He walked out of class luckily he saw Lyn standing at the end of the hallway. He was about to go meet her when he noticed that she was not alone. He looked at the other end and saw Ian talking to her.

"What are they talking about?" He moved closer. He saw Ian pull out a stack of papers and handed them to Lyn.

"I thought you'll like it. You can do it for fun you don't have to win"

Lyn took the papers from him and studied it. It was some kind of instrumental musical competition Ian had signed up for her

"Will you do it?"

"Yea" she smiled "sounds like fun. Thanks Ian you're the best" she raised her hand giving him the thumbs up sign

"I wasn't in a good mood earlier but you just made feel better"

"Really?" Ian could feel himself blushing

"What's wrong with them. Why are they talking about boring things" Neal wondered within himself. He still wanted to go ahead and talk Lyn but stopped when he saw Ian take her hand

"Go shopping with me. My mum is coming soon and her birthday is at the corner"

"Oh yea sure. Let's go" she nodded and Ian pulled her with him.

Neal watched them in surprised. "What the hell is going on? Since when did Ian start shopping and shopping with girls? And why was he blushing just now?"

Neal stopped suddenly when he reasoned it all out. Then he looked in the direction they went

"That son of bitch!....he possibly can't be liking her

Hey guys did you like this chapter. I hope you did.
I'll really appreciate if you hit the star button below
Thanks y'all...