Chapter Six

While Luna was fast asleep next to Devon Leona was down stairs in the gym with Damian and Pryase. Leona was going one on one with Damian while Pryase was sitting on the bench talking to Robin.

"You really like Leona don't you?" Robin asked.

"I feel protective of her and I feel drawn to her." Pryase answered without taking his eyes off of Leona.

"Maybe you two are destined to be together. Why don't you go practice with her instead of her practicing with that wolf?" Robin asked and Pryase looked at her before speaking.

"I don't want to end up hurting her."

"Pryase please, you're not going to hurt her. Just go will ya?" Robin told him.

Just as Pryase went to walk towards Leona, she screamed in pain as Damian ended up accidentally snapping Leona's wrist. Pryase ran to Leona's side with Robin right behind him.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it." Damian said to Leona fear stuck on his face and his eyes wide with the realization of what he's done to her.

"Leona, are you alright?" Pryase asked once he got to her.

"I'll be fine. It just hurts. I wasn't expecting it so it hurt a lot more then it usually would." Leona told them.

"You've broken bones before?" Damian asked shocked and Leona looked at him.

"I haven't but when my mother would beat me she has broken bones before. I've had broken ribs, wrist, arm, and a few other bones so a broken bone isn't anything new."

"Can you heal her?" Pryase asked looking at Robin with hope.

"Of course what kind of angel do you think I am?" Robin smiled and she walked over to Leona and healed her wrist.

"Thank you, Robin." Leona said with a smile.

"No problem." She answered and Pryase looked over at Leona and held out his hand.

"Would you like to join me on a walk, Leona?" Pryase asked and Leona smiled.

"I would love to but first I want to get a drink."

"Alright then, come on." Pryase said and he took Leona's hand and helped her get up.

So, Leona and Pryase made their way to the kitchen and when they got there Leona got herself a glass of apple juice.

"Leona, why does your mother beat you?" Pryase asked suddenly and curiously which caused Leona to shrug.

"I don't know but after my father died it's never been the same. She used to beat on Luna and me but I put a stop to that. I always made sure Luna was in bed before my mother came home so that I only got the beatings. Luna is the only family I have left since Mom went psycho so I refuse to let anything happen to her."

"Everyone here thinks of you and your sister as a part of their family and Devon really likes your sister so they might become mates." Pryase said. "You don't have to worry about anything happening to her here. Even if there are creatures here who would like to have a snack." Pryase said and his face scrunched up when he realized that probably didn't help out matters.

"Hey Pryase? What do you think of me, what do you think of us?" Leona asked suddenly with a smile.

Pryase looked at her with a smile before answering.

"I feel very protective of you and I feel as if we are drawn to each other."

"I know how you feel. I think I'm falling in love with you, Pryase but that can't be possible can it? We just met."