Chapter Twenty-Three

The three days passed rather quickly and uneventfully as everyone waited for the vampire consul to finally arrive at the mansion. Leona, Brittani, Pryase, and Robin were training in the gym, when Dracula came into the room.

"Hello everyone, practicing hard I see."

"Yes sir." Leona said. "You never know what's going to happen these days." Leona said.

"That's true. Well, I want you all to go to the main hall. The vampire consul is here and I want you all to greet them."

"All of us? Shouldn't it just be Pryase and me since we're the ones who are tied to the consul?"

"The consul knows of all of you therefore it's only proper that you all come to see them." Dracula said.

"Alright, let us get into some non-sweaty clothes and we'll be right there." Leona said.

"You have ten minutes." Dracula replied and he left the room with a disappointed look on his face.

"Wow, he's not happy." Robin scoffed.

"What was your first clue?" Brittani asked as she grabbed her towel and started wiping the sweat off her face. "The time limit or the tone in his voice?"

"Hey, I didn't mean to insult you or something."

"No, sorry I'm kinda on edge. He worries me."

"Hey, relax." Pryase said. "He can't do anything with the consul around. If he is stupid enough to do something with the consul around then he'll be in deep water."

"You're right." Robin smiled.

"Come on; let's get ready to present ourselves to the consul. We don't have to be one hundred percent but still presentable." Pryase added and the group went to clean themselves up for the consul.

"Ah, there they are." Dracula said once he noticed the kids coming.

"Leona, it's a pleasure to see you again. How have you been well since we've last met?" Kinthra asked.

"Yes sir, I've been fine." Leona smiled as she shook his hand. "And this time we're meeting under pleasant circumstances I hope." She said trying to keep her tone normal and convincing.

"Yes, we are meeting under pleasant circumstances." Rathmos replied.

"Why are we meeting brothers?" Dracula asked. "I knew you were coming, but I do not and I still don't know the reason why."

"We've heard so much about the young witchling named Luna and the influence she's had on the supernatural creatures here. Especially the influence on you, Pryase, and Devon as well. Plus we haven't been on a vacation in a while and we figured we'd come and meet Luna in person and since we wanted to do so we asked to stay here." Medeus replied.

"That and we haven't been here since 1904, it was due time for another visit." Ryuga said.

"That's very true." Dracula smiled. "Uh, children will you please take the consul to their rooms. They're all going to be staying in the east end. Oh, and call Devon and tell him to get over right away. He can leave Luna there by herself for a few hours. After all, she's sixteen years old not five." Dracula said.

"Can you blame her for wanting someone she really trusts to protect her at this point?" Leona asked. "Raiden pretty much ripped her limb from limb and almost killed her. She's doing a great job of hiding her fear. She may not be scared of Devon and Pryase but she is scared of someone she doesn't know."

"She was fine before Devon stayed with her." Dracula said.

"She was in a coma! And when they pulled her out of the coma she was so drugged up she had no idea where was up and where was down!" Leona shouted.