Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Leona suddenly began to shake in rage. Pryase ran over to Leona to try to calm her but Leona ran with unbelievable speed to the stage where her sister was just moments before. Leona managed to get backstage but all she could see was darkness due to the broken lights and ripped wires and the thick cloud of dust as a result of everything crumbling and breaking.

"Luna, where are you?" Leona asked, using her telepathy to try to reach her sister.

"I don't know. It's too dark. Leona what's going on?" Luna asked a few seconds later, fear obvious in her voice.

"I don't know, Luna. I really don't know." Leona said as she ran outside. Leona shouted as loud as she could, her rage overpowering her as she began to shake violently.

That's when it happened, the very explosion that Pryase and Devon feared Leona's untrained and previously untapped powers would cause. Leona's eyes glowed bright white as if her eyes were the headlights of a car and a large sonic boom came out of nowhere, causing every car in the parking lot to blow up along with the small convenience store up the street. Leona stood shaking in rage and panting from the release of power but after a few minutes she collapsed to her knees, crying hysterically.

Pryase rushed over to Leona and pulled her into his arms while everyone else came out of the school screaming in fear.

"Oh my god, did Leona do all this?" Brittani asked shocked.

"We have to leave now!" Devon said.

Leona looked up at Pryase just as it started to rain quickly soaking everything in its wake.

"Why is this happening to us Pryase? What have we ever done to deserve this?" Leona asked as they all rushed to their cars to get away before anyone noticed it was Leona who caused the mess; more importantly that her eyes were glowing from unleashing her new found powers.

"I don't know but we will find her I promise." Pryase said as he put Leona into the passenger side seat of his black mustang.

"Devon, take the others back to the mansion. We'll be there soon." Pryase said and sped off with the others quickly following.

When they got back to the mansion Leona was no longer crying but now she was even angrier than before so everyone was trying to calm her down before something else blew up.

"Leona, everything is going to be fine. We'll find her." Brittani said, her voice was a little shaky due to her being scared of Leona at the moment.

Leona looked at her with her still glowing eyes and the anger was clear on her face.

"I will find her and the ones that are behind taking her will pay dearly for putting a hand on her." Leona growled her voice was deeper, almost demonic.

Before Leona could say another word or start crying again she went to her room. As she walked up stairs and down the hall, just as she went to go past Luna's room she stopped.

Leona opened the door and she looked around the room as she walked over to sit on Luna's bed. Leona look a deep breath and that's all that it took, Leona started crying hysterically again into her hands. Pryase walked in and picked Leona up and carried her to her room. Once Pryase had Leona in her room he placed her on her bed but Leona wouldn't let go of him and she looked up at him still with tears in her now normal looking eyes.