Chapter Twenty-Four

Once they got to the hospital, Leona found the doctor who was treating Luna in his office and Leona went inside the office to talk to the doctor.

"Ah, Miss Dark, how are you doing?" The doctor asked and he put down the files that he was looking at.

"Pretty good, I was wondering if I could talk to you."

"Of course, what can I do for you?"

"Uh, I was wondering if I could bring Luna home after she gets out of physical therapy today. You said that she just needs to adjust to physical therapy and I can bring her here every day or to another therapist in town if I need to. We've just been thinking that it might be best for her to start her recovery at home now."

"So you noticed it too?" The doctor said.

"Noticed what?"

"She responds to treatment but she's withdrawn. She doesn't seem like she's comfortable here and to be honest while she's responding to treatment unexpectantly well, it's also hindering her recovery because she can't relax. Maybe if she were back at home she will be able to relax." The doctor said. "I will authorize her release, I just need you to fill out these release papers and while Luna's finishing up her session today you can gather her things and then when she's done in about an hour you can take her home. I'll write out everything you will need to do for her."

"Alright, thanks." Leona smiled and she took the paperwork the doctor gathered the release papers and handed them over to Leona.

"No problem. Just come back here when you're ready to turn those in and I'll handle it and give you the release instructions." The doctor said and Leona left the room and met up with everyone in the hall.

"Well?"

"Well, that was easy. The doctor actually agreed with me." Leona said.

"What did you tell him?" Pryase asked.

"Nothing really, that I wondered if I could take Luna home since they just wanted her here really to adjust to the therapy she needs for her arm. The doctors noticed that she's really stressed out here and can't relax even with Devon here. So he's allowing her to be released but we have to follow a set of orders that the doctor is going to write out for the two of us."

"You mean for all of us to follow. You know we'll help you out with Luna as much as we can." Robin said.

"Okay, us. Happy you crazed being?"

"Very." Robin smirked.

"Smartass." Leona mumbled and she started filling out Luna's release papers.

Once the release papers were filled out the group headed to Luna's room to start collecting her things in the large duffle bag that was kept underneath her hospital bed. After about an hour Luna was wheeled back into her room and she stared at her sister and friends with confusion.

"Excuse me, but last I knew I didn't die so why on earth are you packing up my stuff?" Luna asked.

"Well, we have good news. You're being released." Leona said.

"I am?"

"Yeah, it's all taken care of. You may have to come back once a day for the therapy but otherwise we're all set." Leona said and she wrapped an arm around Luna's shoulder, being mindful of the still tender and painful wound. "Bet that gives you peace of mind."

"Yeah kinda. That and I miss my bed; the one here was as hard as a rock mine's comfy."

"Is Devon's too?" Pryase teased.