Chapter Nine

The next day, after everyone got out of school, Leona, Luna, Kanya, Kaera, Brittany, Mandy, Robin, and Stephani all piled into a van that Devon had driven to school that morning so the girls could go shopping for a dress for the dance that was steadily approaching. Devon had agreed to drive the girls to the mall, explaining that he wanted to go find a suit to wear to the dance. Devon sat in the driver seat, eyes clearly focused on the road in front of them. Luna sat in the passenger seat after beating her sister to the car door and yelling shotgun. Leona and the other girls were sitting in the other seats in the back and Mandy sat down on the floor to stretch out her extremely long legs, being almost six feet tall and she was tired from gymnastics training. Luna and Leona had yet to meet Mandy and Stephanie, only hearing about them from the other girls and guys they usually hung out with.

Needless to say Luna and Leona were shocked to learn that Mandy was six feet tall and in human years she was only fourteen however in reality she was a hundred years old. Mandy was a natural werewolf, natural meaning that she was born a werewolf and was able to transform into a wolf or human by will instead of being limited to being a wolf during the nights of a full moon. Also unlike unnatural werewolves she was able to control herself in her wolf form and didn't go into a rampage like unnaturals were known to do. Mandy had long blonde hair that reached her behind and beautiful brown eyes. Her fangs were slightly sharpened, not enough to cut through anything either in human form or wolf form but they were sharp enough to look unnatural to humans. She is very timid in nature and yet she was also shy, not liking to talk unless she had to.

Stephani was completely the opposite. Stephani was a mermaid and extremely pretty because of it. However, mermaids were not what Luna and Leona thought they were. They did not have fin tails and gills in order to breathe or even rubber padding in order to skim through the water like ducks do. They have actual legs and the only thing that made them "water people" was that they could breathe in water like they were supposed to, but when they breathed water in through their nose their bodies were able to process the water and extract the oxygen particles from it and use it to survive. They could live both in water and land as well but Stephani preferred to be in the water so she would stay in her own private pool in the mansion which also doubled as her room. Stephani had pale flawless skin and wore the skimpiest of clothes. She was not one of the creatures that Luna or Leona would probably hang out with in the future. The definition 'dumb blonde' fit her to the T except that she had died her hair blue to match the true color of the ocean as seen from above and if she didn't get something her way she would throw a fit and whine until she got it.

It didn't take that long to get to the mall and when they got there they all piled out of the van once it was parked and headed into the mall. They walked to the food court and stopped in front of a large coin toss fountain.

"So, should we meet up here after we're done shopping?" Devon asked.

"Sounds good." Leona agreed. "Do you want to set a time limit?"

"Yeah, I have some things I need to do back at the mansion tonight. Can you girls find something in about three hours or so?"

"No problem." Robin replied happily.

"I figured you would've gotten your dress yesterday while shopping with Leona."

"No, yesterday was just about Leona. Today is when I shop for my dress."

"Alright then." Devon said pulling Luna in a hug and kissed her forehead. "Don't get anything too sexy. Please tell me you'll have a limit."

"I won't wear it if it's slutty and if I tried Leona would kill me. Even if she picked it out." Luna said.

"Damn straight! I can't have my sister be a tramp working on the street corner!" Leona replied and Luna laughed. "Not without being paid anyways."