Chapter Twenty-Two

Pryase snuck around the outside of the Dark household. Searching for the open window Luna talked about the night before but all the windows were closed. The windows were covered in dust and seemed old, like the house was abandoned for years although the sisters lived in that very house not even half a year ago. Pryase wanted to gag at the condition of the once proud Dark home. His supernatural hearing could pick up the moaning of who he assumed to be Luna and Leona's mother being pleasured by another man. It took everything he had to not go inside and rip her to shreds for not caring about her daughters like any other mother would.

However, he knew it would be wrong to kill her so he just let the anger simmer in him. He circled around the house and climbed up the side of the house and used the power in his fingers to climb around the siding of the house to a room that had a whiteboard on the door with "Luna's song list" with a bunch of songs written on it. Knowing he found Luna's room he tried to open up the window since he knew no one would hear him. He finally got the window open and when he crawled through the window and he was surrounded by layers of dust and saw a bookshelf in the corner of the room. He looked through all the books that Luna had left behind and when he noticed a leather bound journal he pulled it off the shelf. The book had the same markings as Lunara and Leigh-Anna's journals had but this one was locked and was sealed with a magic spell so he wouldn't be able to get inside.

Pryase carefully put the journal in the bag he brought with him before he silently made his way down to Leona's room. He looked around his girlfriend's dust covered room with a small, sad smile on his face before he walked over to Leona's dresser where the crystal ball was sitting on a small golden stand which was also caked in dust. He took the ball, the stand, and put it in his bag before going back to Luna's room and jumped out of the window and returned to the mansion. When he got back he went back to his room where Leona was playing a game on her PlayStation and Leona was so engrossed in the game that she didn't even realize that Pryase walked back into the room.

"Are you having fun with that game?" Pryase asked and Leona jumped.

"Holy shit Pryase, you scared me."

"I noticed. I got the crystal ball from your room." Pryase said.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, and FYI, I'm never going there again. I wanted to murder your mother."

"Why what happened? Was everything okay?"

"Everything was okay with me getting in and out, The entire place is so horrible it looks like it's been abandoned for years and your rooms are covered in so much dust that it's pathetic." Pryase said as he took the crystal ball out of his bag. "You will have to clean this pretty well." He added as he handed over the ball and the stand to Leona.

"Yeah it looks like it. But there's something else isn't there?" Leona asked.

"You and your intuition. Yeah I did find something else there. Does Luna have a leather-bound journal of her own?"

"Luna? Not that I'm aware of, she has dream journals but Devon grabbed those when he went to our house." Leona said and she paused the game and took the crystal ball with a grossed out look on her face. "Why were you asking if Luna has a leather-bound journal of her own?"

"Well, I know I shouldn't have but when I went in through her window I saw her bookshelf and I was wondering what kind of books she reads because Christmas is coming up and if she can read minds I didn't want her reading yours to figure out what I was getting her. I know what Lunara and Leigh-Anna's books look like so when I saw this I pulled it off the shelf." Pryase said and he took the journal out of his bag and when Leona put the crystal globe down on the stand she took the journal from him. "It's the same initials as Luna's and Leigh-Anna's but it's weird because there's some sort of magic spell on it so I can't open it."