Chapter Twenty-Eight

When everyone returned to the mansion, some of the residents came out of the house, including Kenya, Stephani and a few of the other creatures that Luna and Leona didn't know. They all had weird looks on their faces; some were of shock, others of curiosity, and a few of nervousness. They all looked to Devon for answers, since he was the second of command but everyone was silent until one creature, a werewolf that was in his wolf form sniffed the air and tilted his head before he spoke.

"I smell blood, what happened?" The wolf asked.

"Who are you?" Devon asked, never seeing the wolf in the mansion before.

"His name's Dravon. He's a werewolf as you can tell but he prefers his wolf form instead of a human form. He came here while you were gone." Kenya spoke. "I invited him in until you or Dracula returned."

"Then this is as good as time as any I suppose to tell you guys." Devon said. "Dracula will not be returning." He added and everyone gasped.

"What...what do you mean?" A harpy asked.

"Dracula has betrayed us all." Kinthra replied. "We went to confront him and he chose to fight with the intent of killing us all. During that battle, we lost Demi, and a member of the vampire consul, Tethemon. Their bodies are in the van with Luna's request they will have an honorable burial ceremony. That was the scent of blood Dravon here smelt. Although most of us are covered in blood in some way or form as well."

"So, what happened to Dracula?" Dravon asked.

"I sealed him into the ground with my magic." Luna said. "If you all hate me so be it but I couldn't let anyone else die since we had no way to kill him. Dracula was truly immortal, even with all of our powers combined, and help from my handgun with direct hits to his heart he never fell. There is no telling how long he will be sealed in the ground but we hope to have a way to eliminate him soon."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, we still have loose ends to tie up but that's the most of it." Pryase asked.

"What loose ends?" Kenya asked.

"Well, with Dracula gone this mansion now lacks a true leader. Normally Devon would take over since he was second in command but I don't think he would like to carry that burden." Pryase said. "And Damien is still held captive by Dracula's lackeys somewhere. We have to find him soon before it's too late for him to be saved."

"Damien has been kidnapped?" Dravon asked shocked. "How did this happen?"

"We're not sure." Luna spoke. "Do you know him?"

"We're from the same tribe. I came here hoping to seek him out to talk to him but that Kenya girl told me that he wasn't here but I could wait here to talk to Dracula."

"Well, we thought he just ran off like he usually does. Luna had a vision a few days ago that left us to believe he was kidnapped by Dracula and held in a cave somewhere. We don't know where and we have no leads." Pryase replied.

"I can find him."

"How? Even our magic turned up nothing."

"Werewolves can find any scent in the air. And we're from a special tribe that had a special bond."

"Wait, you couldn't possibly mean that you are from the hidden village." Leona said shocked.

"You know of it?"

"Dracula wants the power that the village protects to destroy the world. He wants to create a world where supernatural beings don't have to hide and can create as much chaos as they want in order to get revenge on the human race. I've seen what that world would bring and it's not an attractive thought at all."