Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

The three days that were needed to get to the location were spent in absolute silence. The only noise that was heard was the sad attempt of breaking the silence that came from the van's radio. No one wanted to focus on what could happen, after all in just hours the small party of four could become two.

The location the vampire consul chose was somewhere in California. Near San Francisco however it was a small town with very few people in it, similar to the small town that Ying-Yang mansion was in. Dracula pulled up to a rather large mansion that looked just like Ying-Yang mansion. It was very well kept and it appeared like people lived there instead of it being abandoned. The grass was the same luscious green color as theirs but this mansion lacked the glamour that theirs had. There wasn't a fountain or flowerbed in the front yard, no pool in the back, nothing like that. It was just a mansion on a piece of land, a mansion that was owned by the most powerful vampires in the entire world. A fact that was very intimidating.

"Dracula?" Leona spoke for the first time since they left the hospital.

"Yes?"

"Is this place like Ying-Yang mansion?" Leona asked.

"Do you mean is this place a school and sanctuary for supernatural beings?" He asked.

"Yeah." Leona replied.

"It was long ago. As you know there are mansions all over the world for the supernatural beings that rather live in peace. This too used to be one however there was an accident in the 1400's and no one has inhabited this place since except for the race consuls when they need to hold trials. I don't remember the last time I was here. It's been years."

"Wow, it's well kept for not being constantly used."

"There are workers here that keep the mansion in tip top shape for the consuls. This place was renovated over the years to accommodate every creature in the world. Even humans are accommodated here and the President comes here every once in a while."

"Wait, the President? As in the President of the United States?" Leona asked shocked.

"Yeah, the President and the past Presidents, and the leaders of all the other countries of the world are the only humans, minus your friends Nitara and Mike who know supernatural beings exist." Robin said. "It's one of those highly classified materials that a leader has to swear to secrecy about. Kinda like Area 51 studying aliens."

"To bad aliens don't exist." Leona said.

"Most of the world would say that about us." Robin countered.

"Shut up." Leona sighed and everyone got out of the car with their bags.

"What do we have to do now?" Devon asked.

"The trial isn't until tomorrow morning. Tonight we just relax in our room and then tomorrow...well, tomorrow is the trial." Dracula said.

"Will we be able to go with them?" Robin asked.

"Only I will be going to represent them mostly Leona for she doesn't know the vampire ways. You only came along for the ride because you and Leona are really good friends and I didn't want her freaked out for the trial." Dracula said.

"Yeah, too late on that." Leona said trying not to sound rude but it didn't really work.

"You went ahead and did the crime now you must face the trial for it. I know that you didn't know it was a vampire crime but murder is also a human crime and you know that. You are responsible for your actions so now you must face the consequences if you get any." Dracula said. "Now come on, let's go inside and get situated before dinner." He added and everyone headed inside of the mansion and to the room they would be staying in.