Toxic Relations

Author's Note: The above picture is literally Kunoichi from Samurai Warriors. Read on to find why I put her up there.

The spa was amazing, and Misako actually knew everyone there by name. I guess Sensei Wu has his tea and Misako has her spa. The sweet smell of honey still kissed my nose and the soothing feeling of cucumber on my skin isn't something I'll soon forget.

"Misako, my body's still tingling. What kind of massage did they give us?"

"Oh the massage where they pressed their fingers on our back after they put those hot stones on our back?" I saw Misako's huge grin in the side mirrors, she was so relaxed that she was singing her words. "The Dragon's Talon Shiatsu."

The Dragon's Talon Shiatsu. It sounds just as mystical as it feels. I'll have to start going there on a weekly basis...

"I saw the look that the owner gave you. Is there some history there?" I giggled.

"Who? Zhou?" Misako laughed wildly. I really like this version of Misako, usually she's so calm and collected but I can tell that she has a secret wild side underneath all that. "Zhou is definitely a charmer but what Garmadon and I share is strong enough to transcend space and time." There was a certain joy in her voice, something subtle but still very powerful. "Even now, with the Cursed Realm destroyed... I can still feel him with me."

Wow. I... should I look for something like that? But I still can't believe Jay got so jealous of Cole, I just can't forgive him. But then Cole is-

"Nya watch out!"

"Huh? Whoa! What are those?" My eyes dropped down the road where a patch of vines was growing rapidly in our path.

Vines? I can probably just run right over them... but... they don't look normal.

"Ugh, I can probably run right through them but it might mess up my paint job..." I really don't need to mess up any more of my tech. After losing the Samurai suit, and the damage done to the Bounty from Morro, damage that I still haven't completely repaired... I already have a lot of stuff on my plate.

"We should probably stop, it isn't normal for those types of vines to grow in this area, especially not in the middle of a road."

My moped skidded to a stop after following Misako's suggestion.

"So your motorcycle takes voice commands now?"

"Yep. When I was... ahem... having issues with my training, I took a break and outfitted my moped with a few bells and whistles."

But that's besides the point. Where did these vines come from?

Someone's voice taunted me from... nowhere? "Nice job, Lady Ninja of Water... but that's more of a Titanium Ninja thing to do... but then again... the Ninja of Lightning does play with gadgets too, doesn't he?"

"Huh? Who's there?" The voice... it sounded like it came from above... the treetops lining the road.

I parked my moped against the vine patch which had now grown into a tall wall of tightly-knit plants that blocked the whole road.

"I know you're hiding in the trees so just show yourself!"

"Mmmm no thanks. I'm a kunoichi, we kinda rely on our stealth and our traps." On cue, another wall of vines sprouted up behind us, effectively blocking us in.

Kunoichi?

"A kunoichi? So it's a female ninja that's attacking us." Misako sighed, forcing her hair back into a soul-restricting bun.