Tied With Fate

Lloyd's POV:

The beautiful glow of neon from outside Skylor's Noodle Shop beckoned me inside, heh not that I needed an invitation, I'm starving!

Eh. No sense in sitting around, waiting for the others to get here. I might as well get a table and order something while I wait.

Oddly, the lights were dim when I stepped inside and no one was waiting at the counter.

Huh? I'm sure the sign said that they were open. Maybe they're... just opening up? Maybe Skylor might need help getting the place ready or something.

"Uh... hey Skylor!" I called to the back room of the Noodle Shop. "It's Lloyd! I was wondering if you needed help opening or something!"

Oddly, I heard a clamoring from the back, like... a couple plates dropping or something?

"Skylor, you need help back there? Is something wrong?"

I heard a couple voices coming from the back. "Who the heck is that?"

"I think he said his name was Boyd?"

"Well we're not open, didn't he read the sign? Eh, I'll go tell him to leave!"

Um...

Suddenly, a red-haired girl wearing a green sweater and a small noodle cup hairband burst through the doors of the back room.

"Hey Boyd! We're closed!"

"Boyd? Um... actually my name's Lloyd. I'm looking for Skylor. Uh... who are you?"

"Huh? Skylor didn't say she had a boyfriend. And such a familiar looking one, at that. Weird. Wait, you can't just come into my business and ask me my name! Get out!"

Boyfriend? Kai would kill me if he heard her say that. Thank goodness he's always late.

"B-But your sign said you guys were open."

"No way! I flipped the switch to turn it off!"

If... her shift just started then... it was probably already off so she must've actually switched it on.

"Well it's on outside, if you don't believe me."

"Hmph. I'll be the judge of that." Surprisingly, the girl swung her mostly capri-covered legs over the counter with the agility of an acrobat. Suddenly, she disappeared out the front door to take a look at the sign, I'm guessing.

A small, green object on the counter that hadn't been there before the girl appeared caught my eye. "Huh? Did she drop this?"

A hair tie. It fills me with determination... to return it.

"Okay. I guess... you didn't break in. Sorry." A voice from behind me sighed.

"Yeah. Wait, you thought I broke in? I wouldn't do that!"

"Look, just because you're Skylor's boyfriend doesn't mean that you wouldn't break in." Quickly, she swung back over the counter, placing a hand on the stool beside me for balance. "Guys take advantage of pretty girls like her. My sister taught me that."