Indirect Transmission

Misako and I were a few miles away from Lord- Sensei Garmadon's old Monastery, the place we agreed to meeting the ninja at, we had been driving for most of the night, alternating between sleeping and driving. I had been driving for the last few hours but I could tell Misako wanted to relieve me of driving duty.

Running away... ugh. I can't get over the fact that I just... fled like that. Wake was a strong opponent... and she knew too much about us...

"It's a shame that we had to close the tea shop so soon after we opened it." Misako's voice had saved me from my self-loathing.

"Huh? Oh... right. Yeah... sad."

And there's supposed to be more of them... more lady ninjas? Ugh... just how many of them are there? Are they all as skilled as Wake? Are they coming for-

"Nya! Watch out!"

"Huh? Oh man!" My moped barely skidded out of the gaze of a truck's headlights, the sound of its angry horn pulsed through my mind.

"Nya! Did you leave your mind back at the battlefield with that kunoichi?"

"N-No... it's just that... ugh. Alright, maaaybe she did get into my head... just a little."

We still had a whole forest to clear, I'm sure I'm going to end up talking to Misako about the situation with Wake anyway.

"I don't know if my heart can take another one of those. Nya, please let me drive."

"Alright. Thanks Misako."

*~*

I hadn't noticed until the foreign sunlight blinded me but I had fallen asleep on the ride home.

Home... if that's what I can call it. I've been traveling so much lately.

"Good morning, Nya." Misako smiled, glancing at me in the side mirror. "We should be arriving at the monastery in about fifteen minutes."

"Oh. Alright."

I was honestly looking forward to more time on the road but... I guess it's good to be back.

"So, Nya. If you wouldn't mind, can we talk about what you were saying last night?"

"Saying what?" It took me a few seconds to remember but... I had lost in the battle against Wake, the Nature Kunoichi. "Oh... you mean how I couldn't beat Wake in a one-on-one fair fight? How I just... fled?"

"But... that was the right decision. You lived to fight another day, Nya. That's what's important."

"Yeah but... I didn't find out anything more about her. She has so much information about us and yet I couldn't get anything out of her." I sighed, collapsing my face into Misako's back.

"Nya. Of course you got information out of her. Now we know there's a group of kunoichi that have been gathering information on us."

And that they have elemental powers too.

"Once we get back to the Monastery, we can discuss this with the ninja and-"

"No. I-I can't go back to them with my tail between my legs, Misako. I'm sorry... it's just... I don't want them to know that I failed." I found myself gripping tighter on my moped.

"Well... I respect your wishes Nya. I won't say a word." Misako's statement was punctuated by my moped slowly skidding to a stop outside Sensei Garmadon's Monastery. "But I hope that you'll come around and change your mind sooner or later."

*~*

Sensei Wu was the first to greet us on our return to the Monastery. "Nya, Misako. Welcome back."

"Thank you, Wu."

"Thanks Sensei." I tried perking up for Sensei but knowing him, he probably saw through my facade.

"The ninja are asleep but... Lloyd is out training. Hm? I thought you were going out for... tea and er... lady things."

Misako quickly made up an excuse. "Oh um.. yes. Well... the stores were out of tea..."

"And... turns out we didn't um... need any lady things!" I stammered.

Please let the topic of lady things die. Please let it die, please let it die...

"Oh. Erm alright. Nya, a letter came for you! I had it delivered to your room."

I have a room? When did... I get a room?

"My room?"

"Oh yes. The ninja took their own rooms, but before they could, Lloyd selected a room for you. It's the middle room up the right stairs, the third one on the right."

Lloyd? Thanks for looking out for me, Green Ninja.

"Alright. I'll see you two in a few hours or so. I need a good nap." I dashed up the stairs eager to see my room.

Third one on the right, third one on the right? This one, right? Alright Lloyd, please tell me you picked something good..!

I thrust upon the door and instantly, I was greeted by the scent of outdoors.

"Whoa... a balcony?"

The room Lloyd chose for me was amazingly furnished; a couple bookshelves, an immaculate armoire, a gold and brown wooden desk, a balcony, and a giant, fluffy bed adorned with black and blue blankets. The place wasn't annoyingly girly and it also wasn't made for boys.

"It's perfect."

I flopped down on the bed, sinking into its amazingly comfortable grip.

"Oh... I could get so used to this..."

Oh right the letter.

I glanced over and coincidentally, I found a bunch of mail lying on the desk for me.

"Huh? I was only gone for a night. How can I have gotten this much mail? I'm not even that popular..."

In all honesty, it was only a few letters but... still. This all seems really mysterious.

I tore open the first envelope and was instantly bewildered by what was in it.