The Scarlet Hurricane

This is just what I needed. An opportunity to view both Wake and Free's true potential. Judging by that first hit, though, Free's not the type to hold back on an ally, which means... I should stay wary around her.

"Alright, Wake!" The Kunoichi of Wind had a broad smile cutting across her rosy red cheeks as she called to her opponent. "I hope you're ready!"

Wake on the other hand, had a serious look plastered on her own face. "I don't need to get ready, I'm always at the top of my game!"

"Whatever you say, my little seedling. Anyway, Nya!"

I jumped back in my chair at the sudden call of my name. "Y-Yes?"

"You should watch closely!" Free was sitting on the floor, at this point, reaching her fingers to her toes.

Surprisingly, Wake was the first one to break into attack mode.

"Vine-nado!" Wake's body was enveloped in a green light as she spun, spun, spun towards her opponents, vines surging from her high-spinning form.

That looked like... Spinjitzu! So they can do it too?

In a lightning fast series of thwaps, cracks, and thumps, Free smacked down every vine that had come her way. Every vine except...

"Whoa! Free, look out!" Wait what? Why am I... warning her? She's my kidnapper!

"Tangle roots!" Instantly, a pair of vines appeared from the ground, wrapping Free's legs, locking her to the ground.

"Ha! Betcha didn't see that coming, Morgan!" Wake had somehow gotten behind her opponent, and despite how amazing this was, she was still just a gloating little kid. "Just like you didn't see this coming! Lifting Roots!" Huge volumes of dirt were scattered about the arena as they gave way to an enormous pair of roots that elevated the Kunoichi of Nature closer and closer to the room's tall ceiling.

Okay where are all these plants coming from?

"So those two are sparring again, huh?"

My attention jumped from the arena and its combatants to a woman that I quickly recognized as the Shadow Manipulating Kunoichi, Shade.

"Oh... hi Shade." Wait... what did she say? "Wait so... these two spar a lot?"

"Yes. However, the outcome is always the same. Free completely overpowers Wake like a rhino fighting a bumblebee."

"But... Wake's got Free completely tied up and Wake looks like she's ready to finish her off!"

"Watch closely." Shade's cold gaze fell back onto the arena before her, Free's limbs were still bound to the ground but her eyes were locked on the Kunoichi of Nature above her. "There's a reason I compared them to a rhino and bumblebee, the bee may get in a few good stings but... at the end of the day, the rhino wins by a landslide."

"Alright! Time for a finishing combo move! Paralyzing Sporific Sporadic Spore Rain, plus Ten Thousand Pricks Needle Storm!"

"That's your finisher? Paralyzing me then impaling me? If it was anyone else, you'd probably have surprised them, V!" Free's voice was pouring out from the top of her lungs to reach her opponent, which honestly shook me to my bones. "But I warned you about saying attack names, didn't I?"