The Brightest Darkness

A/N: So Free and Nya are on a mission and Wake and Shade are too. I wonder what Kayde does when nobody's home.

And sorry for the long wait, everyone. I'm getting back into writing on Wattpad so... expect more frequent updates.

(Probably every weekend).

*~*

The Black Phoenix's POV:

The driver's door slammed closed as Free abandoned her car. "So, BP. You staying inside or coming with me?"

We had arrived in a suburb that, honestly, looked pretty rich. I mean... I've never seen anything like it and I'd like to think of myself as being pretty well-traveled.

"Wow, I get options?" I replied, sarcastically, "Who says I won't hot wire your car and take off?"

"Well... considering what its fuel is... you very well could. Then again, you wouldn't be able to go too far since you have no idea how to drive a car that runs on Elemental energy."

It's annoying, but she's kinda right. I mean, I could probably figure something out with enough time but, I don't have that.

"Alright, Free. I'll go with you." I really hope we aren't about to rob some old lady. Because then I'd have to fight Free and... I'm not sure how powerful she really is...

"Oh hey, forgot to make me wear a blindfold, this time, huh?"

"I never forget anything, BP." She smiled, tearing her fingerless glove from her hand with her teeth. The red glint of the ring reminded me that we had retrieved it from the ocean. "I just didn't feel the need to blindfold you, for this part of the mission."

"Gee. Thanks."

"Now... prepare to be shocked and amazed..."

She sounds like Jay... I remember he said the same sort of thing before we started dating.

"Prepare to be shocked and amazed!"

"Um... by what?"

"His dorky magic show." Cole snickered.

"Hey, hey, hey! Magic is not dorky!"

"I agree." Sensei Wu countered.

"Ha! Eat that, Cole! Even Sensei thinks that-"

"True magic is not... dorky. But this..."

"Aww... Sensei, c'mon!"

And... we all shared a huge laugh before Jay pulled a tablecloth off a table and knocked over about a hundred and one plates and cups. Even Sensei's favorite tea pot...

Those guys...

"You ready, BP?" I was so lost in thought that I hadn't noticed that she flipped her hooded mask back on, over her head.

"Huh? Oh... yeah." I replied, half-heartedly. Well... here goes nothing...

Free sent a set of wind-taps against the door to the smallest house on the block and when it opened up, I was shocked by what awaited us, inside.

*~*

Shade's POV:

"Wow! These clear crystals are so beautiful! Crystal clear! This place is probably where that expression originated!"

"I doubt that but I will agree, this place is very... interesting."

"Hey Shade-"

"If you ask me a dumb question about these crystals, so help me, Wake-"