Four

"Guys, I don't know about her in all honesty." Sean said. They all sat around in the kitchen area, the door shut so Kristen doesn't hear them. "For all we know, she could probably be pretending all this."

"Does it look like she's pretending it all?" Bridget asked. "Because I don't think she is. Nobody would fake a zombie attack like that."

"Some people can be sneaky, though." He pointed out.

"Well, she's a little younger than most of us." Mark said. "So in my opinion, I don't think she is either. I'm thinking of adding her to the group."

"Then that would put more lives on the line for us!" Sean said. "I don't want to have to go through that again!"

"You won't, Sean." He said seriously. "So..I'm saying for right now..I think she'll be good to join us."

"It doesn't look like she had anything to defend herself with, though." Lily said. "As far as I could tell, she only had a gun, and that's it."

"That's what we all started with." Mark said, proving a point. "I'm not saying I fully trust her..obviously we'll keep an eye on her just in case, but for now, let's just have her join because there's no point in abandoning someone."

"You know we all have to someday." Lily said, again proving another fact. "Our luck is gonna run out at some point."

"She's right." Bridget said. "So..we letting her in or not?"

"Let's talk to her first, then we'll decide for sure." Mark said, heading out of the kitchen area. Following behind him, they came up to her room, and he knocked on the door. Immediately answering, Kristen looked at all of us.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"We need to talk for a second." Mark said. "Now, we know you're not infected or anything...but we need to be cautious. So..that being said..are you with any other group right now before you found us?"

She immediately shook her head. "No..I'm not. Like I said, I've been on my own for a while."

"Right.." He said. "And did you run past any soldiers as you were running?"

She took a couple seconds before her eyes widened. "Are you suggesting I'm on their side??"

"Well, you wouldn't be the first." Sean said.

"Sorry to say, but I'm not with them in any way!" She said in a serious tone. "You can quit assuming that crap!"

"Okay, enough!" Mark shouted, getting agitated. "Look...the golden rule that I'm sure everyone follows is that you can't one-hundred percent trust anybody..that doesn't mean we won't allow you to join us, because we are allowing you. Just until further notice."

Kristen nodded. "Works for me."

"Good, because that's how it's going to be." He said.

"Now that that's settled..what're we gonna do?" Jackie asked.

"I suggest we start moving by tomorrow morning, bright and early.." Sean said. "Because with what's happened in the last possible hour or so, I'm sure those soldiers are well on their way here right now."

"I agree." Lily said. "As much as I'd love to stay here, we do need to stay out of their sights."

"Yeah..." Mark said. "Alright..we'll head out first light."

They nodded, heading into their rooms when Sean grabbed Lily by the arm.

"What?" She asked as he tugged her away with him.

"Could use some company if you don't mind." He said with a toothy grin.

Laughing, she rolled her eyes, letting him guide her to his room. Closing the door behind them, she set her backpack down on the chair next to the window. Standing by it, she looked outside, seeing a dam in front of the plant, water flowing rapidly. Woods stretched on, a few trees having leaves left. Grey clouds covered the sun.

"Sometimes, I wish we could just stay in one place and forget about what's going on." She said, seeing him walk up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Don't we all." He said as she covered his hands with her own. "It kinda feels like that right now."

She raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He looked up at her. "Whenever we're together, it feels like everything bad is gone when I'm with you. Like right now."

Lily smiled, turning in his arms, her arms around his back. "Then how about we pass time a little?"

Smiling back, he kissed her on the lips, tightening his arms around her. It's something that makes them a little more happy aside from everything. They've been surviving this for a long time, and every now and again, they sneak in a moment like this. No matter where it is, it's always a good feeling for them.
He drew away too soon, the both of them staring at each other for a few seconds. Touching his forehead to hers, they held hands, lacing their fingers together.

"I love you." Sean whispered, his thick Irish accent making it sound better in her ears.

She kissed him one more time. "I love you too."

Taking a step back, he didn't let go of her hand as they climbed into his bed, setting the blankets up to their waist.

"Sean, look." Lily said, pointing out the window. "The sun is setting..I haven't seen that it in a long time."

He looked at it in slight awe. "Yeah, it is pretty." He gazed over to her. "But not as pretty as you."

She felt herself blush a little, having the guts to turn her head to him. "Shut up.." She said, playfully hitting his shoulder, giggling a little.

Sean chuckled, pulling her closer, his arm around her as she laid her head on his chest, his heart thudding against her eardrum. She suddenly thought of a question that's been bugging her for a while, one that is always hesitant to ask, no matter how many times people try until they finally do. Looking up at him, his blue eyes were bright in the sunlight that was left.

"Can I ask you something?" Lily asked.

Sean nodded. "Yeah, of course. Anything."

She took a deep breath. "Do you think....that...." She stopped, scoffing as she shook her head, tearing her gaze away from his, laying her head back down. "Never mind..I forgot."

They left it at that, the two of them drifting off to sleep right after the sun had set.

Comment and vote!! :)