Twelve

"Well..we know what to do." Mark said. "Let's kill these bastards."

Making sure his gun was loaded, they were about to head out when a door from behind them opened. Whirling around, they saw Lily coming out with her crossbow.

"Gonna join us?" Kristen asked.

"Well, they're after me too, since I'm part of the group." Lily said. "So yeah."

"Then let's do this." Mark said with a smirk. "Together."

Taking a couple steps back, he kicked the door open, the group charging out the house, firing the weapons. The soldier immediately reacted, shouting commands to everyone.

"Kill them! We have the group in our sights! Don't let them escape!" One shouted, just as an arrow met his chest, blood oozing out from the wound. Falling over, they moved on to the others.

Mark fired his gun, hitting another in the head, but one grabbed him from behind, trying to strangle him. Struggling to get his arms off of his neck, he started to feel dizzy, but he used his leg to kick him in the knee. Forcing them off, he immediately whirled to them, stabbing them in the gut with a shiv, shoving it in until the hilt showed. Letting them drop, he yanked it back out, realizing it was broken. Tossing it to the side, he used his gun again.

Bridget side kicked her opponent, shoving them to the ground, shooting them in the chest, killing them. Another grabbed her from behind, throwing a punch across her face, making her stumble backwards. Regaining her footing a second later, she slammed her foot against their gut, shooting them in the process.

Lily was quick, firing her crossbow constantly, not missing a shot except one, but she got them down right after the miss. Charging at one, she shoved them to the ground, kneeling over them.

"This is for Sean, you son of a bitch." She growled, slamming the side of her weapon into their head, bashing into their skull, blood splattering everywhere. She saw someone running, and she glanced up, seeing more soldiers coming.

"Dammit." She muttered, standing back up. Aiming her crossbow, she fired, hitting one in the middle, but when she was about to fire again, she saw them take out their guns, and started shooting rapid bullets. Immediately ducking behind a tree, she fired her crossbow when she could, being careful not to get hit. Everyone else got the idea, hiding behind trees that were nearby.

"We can't outgun them!" Mark shouted for the hail of fire. "We just have to use what we got!"

They all nodded, Mark popping out from his hiding spot, firing his gun, getting another victim. They knew they couldn't hide much longer, they will get caught, since they're basically out in the open.

"I found one!" A soldier shouted, his gun pointed at Lily.

"Then fucking kill her!" Another yelled.

Loading the gun, they were just about to shoot when she was quicker, letting another arrow go right in between his eyes. Slumping to the ground, she got out of her hiding spot, running over to the others, getting a soldiers attention. Firing immediately, none of them got to her as she skidded to her knees.

"We're not leaving until you come out!" Another soldier shouted. "I see you all!"

"Go fuck yourself, you dick!" Jackie yelled back.

"Just leave us alone!" Kristen said.

"Not until every single one of you is dead!" The soldier shouted back.

"Good luck with that." Mark said, tightly gripping his gun in his hand. "You stay, I'm going out there."

"Mark no!" Jackie said, grabbing her by the arm. "I don't want you getting killed!"

"I'll be fine." He reassured her. "Don't worry."

Without another protest, he got out of her grip, walking up to the soldier, aiming his weapon at them.

"You know you're outnumbered." They said. "Just look behind me, there's at least a half a dozen of us here. Just drop your goddamn weapons and get on your knees so we can end this."

"I don't think we'll give up that easily, pal." Mark said seriously.

"I'll ask one last time...drop your weapons, get them out here, and get on your knees." They said.

"No." He said again without thinking.

The soldier raised his gun, just as everyone else came out of hiding, catching Mark off guard a little.

"What the hell are you guys doing??" He hissed.

"This isn't just your fight." Lily said loud enough for everyone to hear, everyone else pointing their weapons at the soldiers. "It's ours too."

The soldier in front only shrugged. "Then die..have it your way."

They were just getting ready to fight again when suddenly, another blast of what sounded like a shotgun was heard from behind the group of soldiers. Everyone looked, not seeing who did it with all the chaos after they found another victim with their head blown off.

"Kill them!" The soldier commanded, just enough space for everyone to bolt inside the house, hiding inside. They peeked through the window, watching them fight whoever disturbed the face-off.

"Who did that?" Kristen asked, hearing more gunfire, soldiers heads blasting off their shoulders.

Jackie shrugged. "I don't know. But whoever did it, I owe them a big thanks."

"Back off you fuckers!" They heard someone scream, just as they heard one last shot before silence. Mark slowly stood back up, everyone else following, seeing a bunch of dead bodies scattered about the yard. Mark leading the group, they all headed outside, staying close.

"Hey." He called out. "I don't know how the hell you did that..but thanks. Really. We owe you one."

"Yeah, seriously." Lily said.

They turned around, and everyone went wide-eyed, frozen in their spots.

"No need to thank me. But you're welcome." Sean said. 

Comment and vote! Comments r much appreciated! :)