Just the Beginning

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 4: Just the Beginning

Holding a small lacrima crystal to her chest, she walked out of the office with a small smile on her face after Master Makarov had excused her. Thanks to Sakura's support, he was able to accept the fact straight away even without having to listen to Lisanna's lies.
With that, she was thankful of the two. Without them, it would've been hard to deal with what the guild now thinks of her. Having to think about giving fake smiles to the people who've accused her would have been hard.

Shivering as she walked down the staircase, she ignored everyone's curious glances. For a guild about family, talk about support.

"So, what did the old man have to say about what you've done to Lisanna?" Natsu called out, making Mirajane, Erza, Wendy, Levy and a few others of her close friends, look over to her direction in curiosity.

The sounds of footsteps catching their attention, they all looked up. "He said that she should reflect on her actions by going on a vacation," Sakura answered, lying smoothly as she walked down the staircase with a large folder tucked underneath her arm. Standing next to the blonde, she forced herself to smile at the boy over at the bar. "Actually, not on vacation but on a special task assigned by Master. Like what I'm doing, Lucy will now be collaborating with us for this task," she explained before handing over the folder.

Lucy looking through it, she pretended to know what she was doing. Nodding as she slipped the papers back into the folder, she looked over to Sakura and smiled. "Thank you for gathering the notes for me," she replied before the rattling of the seats at the bar was heard.

"Wait, he allowed her to do that secret mission that you're doing?!" Lisanna cried out as she stood in front of Natsu with a rigid stance. Her body stiff, she pointed over to her older sister and then over to Erza. "Even they haven't been assigned to it, and they've been here longer than you have! Isn't that unfair to give the mission to someone that had just bullied someone within the guild?!" she argued where the crimson held up a hand to shut her up.

The girl staring blankly to the white-haired mage, her eyes began to flash a hue of red. "We don't do things that aren't supposed to be done, Lisanna. If you have a problem with this, go to Master and yap away there," she deadpanned before turning back to Lucy. "You're all set to go. Have a nice vacation and be sure to report everything to either Master or myself," she said without even bothering herself to listen to Lisanna.

Nodding, Lucy held onto the folder tightly and smiled. "Thank you... For everything," she said where the girl smiled back. "No worries, Lucy. We're family, and I'll be there for every step of the way," she replied.

She pivoted on her heel and began to head out towards the door where Team Natsu stopped in front of her. "Aren't we going together as a team?" Gray, the raven, questioned as he slipped his hands into his pockets.

Having not seeing him since a while, she sadly smiled and shook her head. "Sorry, but Master said that it's important and is to be kept private to everyone other than the people who have been assigned to join this mission," she answered before Erza frowned.
"You know, we're sure that you didn't do those things to her?" she whispered, glancing over to Natsu who was preoccupied with Lisanna to even hear her whisper.

Forcing herself to smile, she nodded her head to the scarlet, too unsure of what she's supposed to think about those certain words. Distrusting. Since the scarlet wasn't too confident on whose side to be on once it all began, the only thing she could so was nod. "Thanks..." she said before Lisanna came into the conversation with a nervous expression on her face.

"You're going to stop what you've been doing to me right?" she asked, fiddling with her fingers as she stood wrapped in Natsu's arms.

The blonde widening her eyes, she heard a loud exaggerated fake cough upstairs and looked up to see Sakura watching her with Laxus standing behind her to the side. With suggestive actions and eyebrow movement, she realized what the girl had planned out for her.