Wake

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 45: Wake

Just how long was she sleeping?

What resting time?

She wasn't resting... She just couldn't force her eyes to open, no matter how hard she tried...

"Mhmm," she groaned as she finally felt her eyelids move to her control. Slowly opening them, she hissed to the bright light before opening them fully where she gazed into those pair of eyes that she hasn't seen so long.

Somewhat realising that she wasn't trapped in the water ball from before, she abruptly sat up where she slammed her forehead into Rogue's where they both hissed out in pain. Rubbing her forehead where she sheepishly chuckled to her rash actions, she widened her eyes as she took note of the extravagant room that she was in.
With wide eyes, she looked around before meeting eyes with Skiadrum who nodded his head where she then turned to meet another two pair of eyes that belonged to dragons.

"D-Dragons? But where am I?" she asked before turning her attention away where they landed on the crimson laying on the floor. A loud gasp coming out through her lips, she quickly stood up where she staggered.

Rogue quickly standing up to steady her, she looked at him in appreciation before maintaining her balance. Hurriedly rushing over towards Sakura, Takuto snarled before creating a wall in between them where spikes made of ice threateningly stopped her from coming any closer. "Uhm..." she said, looking over to Takuto who was still on edge. "Who are you?" Lucy asked as she looked at Rogue who pushed her gently behind him.

"Lucy... I know that you're confused but you need to know and understand that they're after you and Sakura right now. This is Takuto where he is Sakura's mate," Grandeeney explained where Lucy snapped her head up to look at Grandeeney with wide eyes.

"And who are you guys?" she asked, still feeling confused since no one was answering her questions in full detail.

Grandeeney looking at Igneel, she looked down to the blonde human and gave her a toothy smile. "We are your friends' parents," she explained where she watched Lucy widen her eyes which was a clear indication that she knew who they were and what their names are.

Watching the human blonde process everything, a painful roar erupted through the area which made all the dragons raise their head to the air. The roar crying out for help, Skiadrum slowly stood up and looked over to the sky and fire dragon. "Weisslogia... The forest dying..." he began, looking at them in disbelief.

Lucy turning her head to look at Rogue in confusion, she nibbled on the bottom of her lip where Igneel finished off Skiadrum's little talk. "The girl having more than one element within her?" he said.

"Are we seriously going to lose against them?" Chaverine whispered, looking down to the ground in sadness.

Everyone hearing the sounds of fabric and material moving, their eyes all roamed around the room before landing on the crimson that was sitting up with a grim expression on her face. "A bounded dragon... To become that powerful within seconds..." she muttered in horror before slowly looking up to see Lucy standing there behind the wall of ice.

The crimson using her magic to melt away the ice, Lucy pulled away from Rogue and happily smiled to her in relief as she dashed over to the girl and pulled her into an embrace. "Sakura! I'm so sorry for leaving your home without letting anyone of you guys knowing!" she cried out where the crimson looked at her with wide eyes before smiling.

"You didn't know if they were still out there... Don't worry about the past," Sakura soothed where she snapped her eyes to look at Lucy's back in confusion. "What is this power?" she then whispered, pulling away from Lucy where she stared at her in the eyes.

Without looking to Chaverine, she kept her eyes on the honey-brown orbs, "Chaverine... At what percentage?" she asked as she asked about the forest. The girl looking at her, Chaverine gave her a grim look before rubbing her arm nervously. "Roughly forty percent and is increasing while we speak..." she answered where the crimson was helped to her feet by Lucy who was slightly confused.

"By the sounds of it, the girl that's up against Sting is a Dark-Water mage. She's sucking up the forest's life in order to fuel her own..." Skiadrum stated.

Lucy frowned and turned her head to look at Rogue. "Is Sting alright?" she asked.

Rogue shook his head before looking over the blonde to land his eyes on Sakura's back. A building tension growing within the room, he quickly stalked over to Lucy and pulled her away as their eyes all went on the crimson. Her body all tense as she snarled, her balled fists began to shake as her eyes began to glow.

"I have had enough of this! I'm going to destroy those keys to free us, and I'm going to seal Zeref in a crystal like what he had done with Mavis!" Sakura bellowed before wings sprouted on her back. "I will deal with my uncle... Takuto, I know you want to deal with Jiemma, so I'll leave Lucy and Rogue the option of Zeref..." she then said where she snapped her head to Lucy which made her flinch.

The girl looking back to the crimson, she followed her raised arm which pointed to her heart. Feeling slightly scared as she knew the wrath of Sakura's, she tensed her body which made Rogue push her behind him slowly. "Did Starisha give you the knowledge of controlling your powers? Are you able to properly use the power of Celestial Dragon Slaying magic?"

She widened her eyes and quickly looked down to her hands where she felt a surging power inside of her. Looking to Sakura, she nodded her head. "So, the dragon's name was Starisha... I'm ready!" she cried out where Sakura nodded back to her and stretched her crimson wings. "But wait!" she then called out, making everyone direct their attention back onto her.

"I remember a group of people working for Zeref and Jiemma... What about them?" she asked.

Grandeeney took a step forward and smiled. "Leave those people to us dragons. We are territorial and having them step onto our territory with ill intentions means serious business to us. Especially when it comes to them wanting to hurt our family," she replied before turning her head to Sakura who pulled a blade out of her palm. "Sakura... Are you sure about using that white katana?" she then asked.

The crimson nodded before swinging her blade out to the door where she smirked. "He may be family, but when it comes to everything, Lucy is my top priority right now," she answered where Lucy found herself somewhat blushing.

Lucy looking up to Rogue, she unknowingly grabbed onto his cape which made him look over his shoulder and back to her. "Do you think that we're able to defeat Zeref by ourselves?"

He gave her a soft smile before reaching back to comfortably hold her hand. "Don't think too much about it. Don't worry, it'll be all over once we're able to defeat him with Sakura sealing him away for good," he replied.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]