Search

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 55: Search

A week happened to move by so quickly, and Lucy stopped in her tracks to look over her shoulder as she watched Sakura fly towards her direction with her wings flapping gracefully through the Autumn's breeze. It's been a week since the battle ended, and no one had spoken about it around the Dragon Slayers.

The dragons made it fairly clear not to tell anyone about the matter, and Sakura was beyond furious when Igneel told her to not be the one to seal the remnants of Zeref away. How did Sakura return to her normal mental state?
Lucy had to risk her life by jumping in between Metalicana and the crimson, pleading the girl not to do something irrational. It took roughly an hour worth of convincing and tears to make the girl return to normal with her mate cradling her as the girl broke down afterwards. No young dragon should ever go through such an experience as this, but the past will never get erased when it has been etched deep within her mind.

"How was it?" Lucy questioned as the crimson landed softly on her feet where she watched her combat boots crunch on top of the dried leaves. Sakura withdrawing her wings, she tiredly sighed before they both turned to the crunching of leaves approach them. Watching both of Sakura's wolves run towards them, the blonde frowned when she saw both wolves and owner shake their heads.

"I can't sense those Starlite crystals that they keep telling us to find," Sakura sighed as she looked around the mountain that they were standing on. Biting the bottom of her lips, she narrowed her eyes. "What do they mean by find them? Those crystals are long gone from the face of Earth... To be able to absorb Zeref's magic to restore the tainted?" Sakura muttered under her breath before Yuuto spoke.

"I think we're looking in the wrong spot. Perhaps the original location isn't here but as accessories for us to wear without knowing?" he informed where Sakura widened her eyes. She snapped her head to Lucy quickly and then nodded her head to the girl before dashing towards a tree. Lucy hurrying after her dragon, she stopped behind the girl in time as she placed her palm onto the large oak tree with her eyes closed. "Are you going to ask the trees?"

Yuuto padding his way towards them, he sat on his hind legs where Ace placed his paws on top of his partner's head while standing on his hinds. "Sakura finally got used to talking to nature. It used to scare her when she was younger, often jumping in her spot when plants would try to talk to her," Ace recalled before the crimson slowly opened her eyes and furrowed her brows.

Lucy taking a step forward, she noticed Sakura's sunken expression and frowned. "What did they tell you?" she asked.

Sakura turned to look at her master and gritted her teeth. "It seems like only Zeref was the one distributing the crystals around to prevent anyone from finding them all in one location. The last crystal was taken by him as well and has been given to someone in... Fairy Tail," she answered, looking down to Ace and Yuuto before back to Lucy. "The person holding the Starlite crystal is Lisanna."

Lucy sighed and scratched the back of her head. "Lisanna? Well it's obvious that asking for them will be difficult since she doesn't really like us," she said before dropping her arm. "If Zeref was the one that gave her the crystal then -" She was stopped by Sakura who raised a hand in front of her.

"I have a feeling that this crystal isn't what the dragons had told us. If this crystal was given to Lisanna, then don't you think Fairy Tail's most unnatural behaviour is caused by it?" Sakura asked. "I mean... I've been with Fairy Tail for how long? Their actions were too harsh to be considered as normal," she added.

The girl slowly hugged herself as she took a step back. "How can I believe that after everything I heard? They tried to attack me, and I would've been seriously injured if it wasn't for you who stepped in between..." she whispered. Her body shaking as tears started to well up in her eyes, she parted her arms to look down to her palms. "I don't want to go back to that place Sakura... That place is no longer my home, Sabertooth is - Alongside with Rogue," she confessed.

Sakura sighed and walked over to Lucy where she pulled her into her arms. "Lucy, I know that you're not the type of person that would do such a thing to those that you value and stand around you... Remember when I said that on the first day that I met you?" She felt Lucy sniffle before quietly nodding.
Softly smiling, she patted her head in comfort. "I believe that they would understand everything once it's been explained. Don't worry Lucy, I'll always be there to protect you if they try to hurt a single strand of your hair."

She nodded her head once more before pulling away. "I always wondered why you're always so calm," she truthfully murmured.

The crimson chuckled before cocking her head to Ace who walked towards her. Yuuto following, she kicked her leg over Ace and smiled to the blonde. "Come on, we need to hurry if we want to arrive back to the guild before dinner," she hassled.

Lucy somewhat being able to smile, she jumped onto Yuuto who was waiting for her where both wolves dashed towards the horizon.

"Hey Sakura?!" Lucy called out. The girl looking over her shoulder, she gave her a questioning look. "When we return home, I'm going to confess to Rogue!" she cried out, a blush highlighting her porcelain face where the girl chuckled and grinned.
"You two deserve each other!" Sakura yelled back before turning her head to face the front again where she clicked her tongue to make Ace quicken his pace.

Lucy smiling her herself, she looked up to the sun and embrace the warmth around her. It's been a while since she decided to accept the feeling of love. It's been far too long since her first ever heartbreak. It's been a week since everything decided to become positive for her. For the past seven days, Rogue was secretly being a sweetheart to her where all the female dragons would often tease them for being such a tease.

No matter how many times they've held hands, nothing made her feel more contempt than him being by herself with his smile on his face.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]